Comedian Ralphie May

Weed Nearly Killed Me!

1/19/2012 3:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

comedian Ralphie May
"Last Comic Standing" finalist and outspoken weed advocate Ralphie May is finally calling it quits on the sticky icky -- telling TMZ, smoking marijuana nearly killed him last year ... so he's giving it up for good.

May tells us, he was diagnosed with walking pneumonia before taking a cruise last November -- but the condition quickly got worse ... and before long, he was holed up in the boat's infirmary with a life-threatening lung infection.

May tells us, "If I hadn't been a 20-year weed smoker, it wouldn't have been as bad."

You'll recall -- May was detained in a Guam airport back in 2010 for weed possession after the comic decided to pet a drug-sniffing dog. Not his brightest moment.

May says he used to smoke around 4 ounces of pot a WEEK, but "feels great" ever since he quit -- adding, "I had a great time doing it, but now I can pet every dog in Guam."

caseytraverse

Weed nearly killed him? More like morbid obesity. Maybe he should try loosing half his body mass and see how healthy he is after that.

Donnie

http://www.takepart.com/article/2012/01/11/marijuana-not-bad-your-lungs Here you go Ralphie. Not the weed. Just the deep fried twinkles and snickers bars.

I am Spartacus

Yea blame the pot and not the fact that you have no self control and weigh 500 pounds.

4 ounces a week? That's ridiculous. Is he smoking 24 hours a day? It takes me about a 3 weeks to kill 1 ounce myself with 4-5 session in a day, each day. This guy was doing 4 ounces a week?

DramafoyoMama

This is why we can't get it legalized because of fat uneducated idiots like this dude. Yes, smoking anything carcinogenic but 1. its not even half a bad as smoking cigarettes, 2. there are many alternatives to smoking, like edibles, tenures, and vaporizers.. obviously smoking with paper is worse than a pipe or waterpipe. You really think they would prescribe it to cancer patients if it were that bad for you? Here's my solution to your health problems... go on a diet and quit cigarettes. You're just making it worse of the rest of us who are healthy. I smoke several times a day, I eat right, exercise and my doc says I have incredible blood pressure and rarely do I ever get sick.

DramafoyoMama

george

weed nearly killed him? it wasn't the 500 lb weight? or the 200 lbs of lard surrounding his lungs?

themoons1

looks like that 600 lbs of BLUBBER almost killed him. What a tool. Blames pot for almost dying instead of that of absorbed twin he has been carrying around for 30 years. What a tool.

Tyler

Does anyone else think that maybe is his health problems have something to do with him being an obese fat ****? I'm sorry but blaming it on weed is just a lame excuse. Maybe go for a run on a treadmill you fat ****, you might just get healthy. Bbbuuuuuuuuuuuuut he'll probably die from a heart attack or choking on a ****ing sandwish. Oh well, one less fat bastard in the world, not a loss at all.

I am Spartacus

i stopped believing anything he said when he claimed he smoked 4 ounces a week. Maybe he did that once but to say he was smoking 4 ounces each week sounds like BS.

danko

you can die from drinking to much water come on people 4oz a week and weighing 600lbs he asked for it. i love the dude but still it aint the weed its his glutinous lifestyle no doubt

James

4 ounces a week is a retarded amount of weed to be smoking. Also, I'm sure him being the size of a cow had nothing to do with his health.

Conan

If it wasn't for that killer weed Ralphy would be the picture of health. LOL. You are a terrible advocate to blame your condition on weed and not your Excessive consumption of not only weed but food...you are the problem, not the weed.

Marcylu

If he was smoking 4 oz. of tobacco a week for 20 years, he would be dead by now. Cannabis is always better to smoke than tobacco, but if you eat edible marijuana it is beneficial in many ways. Great e-book on medical marijuana: MARIJUANA - Guide to Buying, Growing, Harvesting, and Making Medical Marijuana Oil and Delicious Candies to Treat Pain and Ailments by Mary Bendis, Second Edition. This book has great recipes for easy marijuana oil, delicious Cannabis Chocolates, and tasty Dragon Teeth Mints.
goo.gl/iYjPn goo.gl/Jfs61

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

Cookie Monster should've stuck to pot brownies or honeyslides. Om nom nom nom...

LMFAO

BULL SH_T!!! your full of it Ralphie!!!!!!!!!!