'SYTYCD' Choreographer

Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison

For Rape

1/27/2012 11:47 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alex Da Silva
"So You Think You Can Dance" choreographer Alex Da Silva has just been sentenced to 10 years in prison for raping a former dance student ... and assaulting another.

43-year-old Da Silva was arrested back in 2009 and charged with multiple felonies stemming from allegations he raped and sexually assaulted four women ... all former dance students between the ages of 20 and 26.

Da Silva was only convicted of one count of rape and one count of assault with intent to commit rape.

The jury deadlocked on the remaining charges, which were subsequently dismissed.

Da Silva -- who appeared on Seasons 1-4 of SYTYCD -- was also ordered to register as a sex offender for life.

Check out the clip below of Alex in action on Season 4 -- skip to 1:15.

Shawn

dont drop the soap!

awards

What goes around comes around? His nickname in prison will be Raw$hita!

rosebud

10 years thats not enough time because this s*** will be back out in just a few more years for good behavior ,then they do it again,this is an insult to any women ,we should demand these bastards get more time.he sexually assaulted 4 women are you kidding me,oh I get the justice system and his s***my lawyers want him to kill somebody the next time ,this son of a bitch should never get out of jail ,he will do it again.they always do .

Rose

Heard that he is being deported too.

sean

Something tells me he's not gonna like his next "dance partner."

creativemnds

That's so odd. I understand that he's getting what he deserves if in fact he did this. I used to go out with his best friend, and was around Alex all the time. He did come on to me at some point, but when I rejected him, he was a complete gentleman. It's so hard to believe that he would do something like this. He was nothing but kind and respectful (aside from hitting on me) to me.

d-nutt

I'm actually absolutely floored by this story.

Four women. WOMEN?!?!?

URSilly

Oh my gosh! What a disgusting pig!

angie

he should be in jail,and raped as well

XYZ

GOOD! Usually these pieces of s h i t only get a slap on the wrist!!

Joao

California Celebrity Sentencing: 10yrs=3yrs, -1yr parole/early release for daily brushing his teeth, transfer to cozy facility [private room, internet, individual TV w/cable, weight room, menu meals, conjugal visits [both in and outside of the "prison"]]. So at MOST he'll serve two years MMMAAAAYYBBEE 3yrs.

Henry

Look out for his next show..."So You Think You Can Walk" after the reaming he's gonna get in prison.

What a s***bag.

paula

Isn't this the second choreographer from SYTYCD to be brought up on these kind of charges?

mike

'So You Think You Can Rape?' will be a big hit in prison.

mike

The parents from Dirty Dancing were right...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments