Are Celebs More

Screwed Up than Us?

1/28/2012 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0127_10_crazies
With all the celebs in crisis -- the latest of course being Demi Moore and Heather Locklear -- we started to wonder how the life of a celebrity stacks up with yours.  Is it better?  Worse?

So we gotta ask ...

Ghost Rider

Celebrities only seem to be more screwed up than us.

Jimbo

Celebs are big babies when their time is up. They are ***** cats compared to real life drug addicts and alcoholics. Celebs throw tantrums for attention. Now their kids are the real screws ups due to the celeb life style they are born into. When they become young adults and have nothing going on, thats when the shena****ns began for Celeb parents or kids or both.

Smarg

How come you guys cover people like the Kardashians?? I mean, KK was only a 'celebrity' for her father getting the double butcher OJ off the hook with a downtown jury AND a sex tape with a fatherless welfare thug.

What gives??

sara

These people were already screwed up when they entered the life of fame. Only someone who is a disaster to begin with would desire a life in a bubble. Always having your picture taken, being talked and written about and being stalked would not be fun for a sane person. Most people can't stand being stared at in a shopping mall much less all day every day. Normal, healthy people crave privacy. So to begin with they are a mess and then to live that life of how skinny can you get, how much plastic surgery can you get, how many partners can you have, etc... only adds to the insanity these people live. It becomes their life blood. They are bonafide narcissist with no way out except to implode, which all of them always do eventually.

Regina

I've always dreamed of being a celeb and winning an Oscar, but that is all that it is, a dream. I'm sure just about everybody has that dream. But when it get's right down to it, I never could or would want too be a celeb. I'm a private person most of the time and like to keep my own company. With being a celebrity you can't do that because you are on display all the time. Plus, I just don't have the talent or ambition it would take to stay a celeb. I'm happy in my own little corner of the world.
I'm sure that there are celebs out there that are truly happy. They just don't live in Hollywood. And I believe that most celebs are shy by nature. I think that most of them enjoy acting but once you get really famous, you lose all ways of coping so that's when the drugs and stuff come in.
And I believe that most of them down deep are good people. They try to make life better for other people and actually care about humankind. Take Sean Penn and Angelina Jolie for example. There are a few out there like Kim K that are just in it for the money and don't care who knows it.
I don't think that celebs cheat on their taxes more than average folks. That's what they have accountants and stuff for, so they can find the loopholes legally. I think it's the average person who cheats on their taxes because they CAN'T find the loopholes and have an accountant to manage that stuff for you. Sometimes though there is the stray celeb like Wesley Snipes and Willie Nelson who think they are above paying taxes and they should have their stuff sold or go to jail for it.
As for their kids being more messed up, I think that's a tie. Drugs are available everywhere, and so is dysfunction and poor parenting.That's not something celebs have the corner on, it's just out there for the world to see much easier than most people.

Charles

Lol I voted yes to all but the last one .. there life sux.s have trouble getting old and on and on ..

would you like to be one I checked yes lol

ADKIc3mAnX

F-U TMZ for putting MJ's pic there.

ValVal

Obvious questions are obvious.

severine gelig

Hum I love to see MJ in this pic...lol

Bobo Frog

That photo with all those disturbed celebrities together in one frame looks like one helluva party!

Sammy

MJ had NOT a drug addiction problem, he NEVER used drugs, he ONCE in his life abused of painkillers due to Pepsi incident, which are MEDICINES. But OF COURSE, TMZ Staff SCREWED UP their brains, due to drugs abuse.....

Cynthia

What idiot put this together?? Michael Jackson is dead, not screwed up.

Craig

Celebs have a history of proving to the rest of the world that they are incapable of having a normal life with normal relationships and normal every day life issues.

Celebs are the very people who the Bible talks about Camels fitting through the eye of a needle than a rich man getting into Heaven. It's not wrong to be rich, but it's how you live your life and about the choices you make when you're filthy rich and a Celebrity. Obviously most celebs have failed, they aren't in the REAL WORLD, they are in their own world and they are far from actual REALITY like 98 percent of the Country...

ectogestator

The only celebs who are more screwed up than we are are the ones who ask, "are celebs more screwed up than us?", instead of asking, "are celebs more screwed up than we are?"

kim

IF MOST OF THE GENERAL POPULATION WAS ON TV YOU'D SEE WE'RE ALL JUST AS SCREWED UP, YA JUST DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT... SOO CELEBRITIES SHOULD BE MORE THAN CAREFUL ABOUT THEIR PRIVATE LIVES IF THEY DON'T WANNA SHARE THEIR PRIVATE BIZZ WITH THE WORLD CAUSE UNFORTUNATELY FOR THEM SOMEWHERE SOMEHOW SOMEONE WILL FIND IT OUT AND SELL IT TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER... SAD BUT OHHH SOOOO TRUE.... THAT'S HOW IT IS...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments