Halle Berry

Mental Hospital Escapee

Apprehended by Police

2/10/2012 10:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0129-halle-berry-tmz-bn
Halle Berry has one less reason to flee to France -- because the mentally unstable man who threatened to slit her throat has been successfully apprehended by authorities.

TMZ broke the story ... one of the reasons Halle wanted to move to France with her fiance was because of a man named Robert Hoskins -- a mental patient who escaped the institution where he was being treated last week.

Halle was freaked because Hoskins had made threats on her life -- specifically to "slit her throat" -- and she was afraid he would come looking for her. Hoskins made a similar threat to Madonna in the 90s ... and was shot by Madge's security after he trespassed on to her property.

But according to the LAPD, 54-year-old Hoskins was apprehended today and returned to the Metropolitan State Hospital in Norwalk where he was committed last year.

Police had asked for the public's help the day before Hoskins was taken into custody -- calling Hoskins "highly psychotic" and extremely violent.

AnnaR

You've got to wonder how in the world these people escape from either a mental facility or prison et al. I mean come on folks get with the program and wake up! Your tax dollars at work - NOT!

XYZ

This b i t c h is crazy. That poor little girl needs to go to her daddy.

aston

Hoskins spent ten years in jail for threatening Madonna. Then he escaped mental hospital. If I were Halle Berry, I wouldn't like to stay in the country either - and if I were Gabriel Aubry, I'd encourage her move, for both her and their daughter's safety. I could also move, if he wants to (he's a model), or stay put and visit his daughter in France. Is Aubry showing his true colors, that is carelessness, by trying to stop Berry from leaving the US?

aston

Hoskins served his ten years for threatening Madonna, then was released and threatened to slit Halle Berry's throat. He is psychotic and utterly dangerous. A mental hospital and bodyguards wouldn't make me feel safe for myself and my kid anywhere near him.

PG

All made up. I hope she realizes she is destroying her career with all this nonsense. Whack Job!!

Liz

Well I heard Long Beach Police apprehended the guy this morning. Awesome job guys!!!! Too bad LAPD is taking full credit for this arrest.

mental

Hello
I love your blog. It's well written. Great subjects as well. I'm writing about the same things. Please check it out!

Thanks,