Whitney Houston

Found Dead in the Bathtub

2/11/2012 9:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_whitney_hosuton_ex_1
Beverly Hilton hotel employees tell TMZ ... Whitney Houston was found dead in the bathtub of her room.

As we previously reported, a member of Whitney's entourage discovered her unresponsive and called hotel security, who then called 911.

We're told police arrived to the scene within minutes and fire was already there on an unrelated call. Paramedics performed CPR, but it did not work and she was pronounced dead at 3:55 PM.

Our sources say there were no obvious signs of foul play, but BH PD detectives have begun a full investigation.

As of this post, cops are still waiting on a warrant to search the room.

MM

So sad she´s gone! RIP Whitney.

Cat

How ever Whitney passed, she had one heck of a beautiful voice. The sadness of it is, somewhere along the way, she lost the will to value herself and she fell into the drug abuse to get by then losing respect of her colleagues and fans. I truly think she tried to get herself back on track but the hold of drugs/alcohol was just too strong. I remember years ago how much myself and my friends idolized her, absolutely loving her voice. A friends sister was taking a music program through college and how the class would listen to Whitney's voice using that fabulous voice as a hallmark for excellence. Everyone in the music programs wanted to have a voice like Whitney's and practiced every nuance, high note and inflection of her songs. I remember a concert they had, each student a different artist/song. Most of Whitney's hits were highlighted, we all knew every word. Whitney gave all that enjoyed and admired her music, a beautiful gift, the joy of her music. I don't think she ever realized what a precious gift she shared.

Jane Hoffman

Dear Whitney: I am sorry the stress of the world took you down. I hope in your heart you loved yourself. I hope people will remember you in an honorable way. You lifted the world with your song. From a fan

ana

Obviously she wanted more attention at the Grammys...

Tutu

I'm sadden by the lost of a great singer and actress. She had a golden voice and she's gone, but will never be forgotten - My prayers go out to her family. Forever loved R.I.P.

cindy lou

Just went out to dinner in Beverly hills and wondering why all the helicopters were flying over head....so sad Whitney! She was so beautiful and talented in the 80's! RIP! :((((

Mary P

There's something much more than just a "routine" OD going on here. Not saying it isn't drug related - say, high and cracked her neck in the tub or something but the chain of events is certainly suspicious.

There are a couple of extra cir***stances here that would normally hasten things. If it's suspected of an OD or natural alone, they'd be rushing to preserve her and the stop the metabolic systems (not heart beat type things but chemicals in the body) from breaking down drugs for proper testing. Second, she's a "celebrity" which, they would be trying to get as few people as little access as possible to avoid death photos, employees selling out info, etc. Third, she's not at home, she's in a hotel. There's sanitary conditions to consider here.

The fact that she is still in the hotel, all this time later, with search warrants, and (though somewhat normal) the very erratic and completely different stories about the moment she was found, there's more going on. I know there's always rumors here and there, but her publicist at one point claimed she found her, Ray J's publicist first claimed Ray J found her, then they said it was Ray her security team - the "who" has changed, even from the same source. Her publicist had put out a statement on her death staying "unknown location at unknown time" - yet EVERYONE knew she was at that hotel, and as a PUBLICIST, you'd think she'd know Whitney would be at a dang pre-Grammy party. There's some rumblings at this point, the publicist even put it out to media before family was notified properly. Why would someone do that? Someone who put it out so fast, she didn't know where one of her biggest clients was, at one of the most popular hotels she's been at for a couple of days at one of the biggest parties of the year?

Tutu

How very sad - the lady with the golden voice and an actress - she is gone but will never be forgotten - My prayers to her family - Love you - R.I.P.

CJ

Good for you, reporting where she was found. Sleezy Mofo's This must be a golden day, for you!

Allison

Just like Jim Morrison :(

chris colburn

Whitney's "friends", family and other people probably cleaned the drugs out of room before paramedics and fire department arrived. these doctors have to stop it with the prescription drugs and known addicts. I have a feeling a doctor will sign off on her death certificate and there won't be an autopsy or toxicology report.
People stop blaming Bobby Brown.

patty

omg! cnn just confirmed the body is still at hotel, w/ the party below!!!

Gsharon 710

We must in charge of our actions. Who do we blame for the daughter's drug use? Who should be blamed for Bobby's use?

Angelique

This may have been a Heart Attack or maybe even a Slip & Fall & NOT Drug Related! I Don't Want To Judge Her Life. I just know her Voice & Her Energy Made Me Happy & now I Must Remove Seeing Her In Concert From My Bucket list 3 RIP Whitney

Just_Me

My heart is truly broken over this. I've been listening to her songs since I heard the news. I feel horrible for her mother and daughter....I pray that God gives them the strength to get through this. Heaven has a new, beautiful angel in God's choir.