Jennifer Hudson

Sings 'I Will Always Love You'

at the Grammys

2/12/2012 8:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

video platform video management video solutions video player
0_688g068k_0_c6b488si
RIP Whitney.

Rosie

It was awful! JUST AWFUL!!! Jennifer butchered the song!!

BB

Steven Hawking could have sung better.

I Chinee

@Ulkar

Are you serious? Jennifer Hudson was not trying to pretend she was Whitney Houston. All Jennifer Hudson did was pay tribute Whitney. That is all, nothing more, nothing less. Which I think Jennifer did a good job. Also I would not want to hear Celine Dion pay tribute to Whitney,her voice is annoying.

P.S
My suggestion to you is... stop pretending like you know what you're talking about, because you certainly don't.

bluemoon

Bad idea. Just creepy, as far as I'm concerned.

boo

Um maybe I should say this but I expected Jennifer to do a whole lot better!! It sound it like she was shock up. "I will always love you" is a hard song to sing n whitney had the voice and she sang that song where I cry every time I hear even she was alive r.I p. Whitney h.

boo

Wow!! Teribble sorry she sound it horrible WTF!!! I'm not really a Jennifer Hudson fan n now I know why

boo

pia

I appreciate that Jennifer sang that song and it was simple and lovely tribute. There is only one Whitney and she knows that only Whitney can sing it as she does and was not trying to over sing it or put a lot of unnecessary runs in it like some may have tried. Simply well done Jen.

tab

Let us remember, that this is not her song, it is Dolly Partons song!

Penelope

Sorry, I fell asleep on 3 occassions last night. Missed Jennifer. Love her. Missed the chick in the red robe (thank God). But boy did I stay awake for Adele, Paul, Bruno. And if it were not for the awful hair and wardrobe of Katy Perry, her song was raw with emotion. Absolutely fantastic that a normal size, no frills girl won it all last night. She didn't need a fishnet hose on her face, or a pope by her side. She didn't need blue hair, or to slink around on the floor, flaunting her sexuality. She didn't need to do anything crazy. Just that voice. That voice and those songs she wrote..just perfect that Adele took it all last night. Poetic justice to the guy who broke her heart. I remember I had not bought a CD in years and bought her first CD when it first came out. I thought to myself: wow, that is the best voice and best musical arrangements I have heard in so long and she is gonna take the music world by a storm. Congratulations Adele! Just proof to the other contenders: put away your wardrobe, your over the top makeup and hair and get down to the business of pure musical talent. Hard to do if you don't have a voice like that. Katy Perry's song would have impacted me more if it was just her and mike. She didn't need whatever that getup she was wearing. To be honest, it completely distracted from the song.

tab

Let us remember. This is not Whitney's song, this is Dolly Partons song.

deb

Surely not Jennifer's best performance.
But, I can understand that she was nervous about doing this.
She was off key a number of times.

Trisha

Terrible, terrible job. What was that? Tried way too hard, didn't come close.

cjs

It was "okay". Mariah Carey could have knocked it out of the park, just saying. Though I do understand how upset and nervous Ms. Hudson was.

Joan K

Sure wasn't Whitney and now lets give it a rest already. Whitney is gone and if they talk about it anymore she is going to come back to tell everybody to Shut Up. Give this much attention to one of our soldiers who gave up their life for us.