Whitney Houston's Funeral

At Childhood Church

... by Invite Only

2/14/2012 8:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_whitney_houston_tmz_exd5
Whitney Houston's funeral service will take place in the very same New Jersey church where Houston used to sing as a child ... and TMZ has learned there WILL be a guest list.

The service will take place Saturday at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark ... where Whitney honed her skills singing with her mother Cissy Houston and her cousin Dionne Warwick.

Sources tell TMZ ... the family wants to keep the event super-private ... as in invite only.

We're told the church only seats around 300 people -- it's unclear who will make the cut.

Christine

Enough already yet.

Kabala

Will SImon Cowell be there?

Mazor

I hope the Westboro Baptist Church shows up for this one. Those guys are always a blast.

NickSunset

All you need to know about Whitney Houston is Bobby Brown pulled a turd out of her ass when she was constipated on "Being Bobby Brown" a couple years ago. Ok you don't go on tv and talk about people pulling crap out of your ass. First class Whitney, first class. Then she walks around the house yelling and screaming like Black Trash with too much money and no common sense. Oh and my understanding is she wasn't that keen on White people. Her Daughter Bobbi Christina? A Bobby Brown faced gap toothed loser. Soon to be on Celebrity Rehab.

Hi I'm Bobbi Christina
Hi I'm Steven Adler, nice to meet you!

harv

I'am sure we will all get exclusive funeral photo's on TMZ as family members and so called- friends will be snapping away for mega bucks.

Brenda

I'm glad the funeral will be private. I hope people can respect the family's need for time to mourn without worrying about other people's opinions. I hate when the media swarms on people after devastating events. Be human and leave them alone.

CRAZYGIRL

Whitney's funeral should be at the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Newark New Jersey. So, everyone can attend and celebrate her life..It's the most beautiful church, very fitting for the greatest singer in the world!!

Tim

look for the invites to be sold on Ebay

Chan

@ Nicksunset and all you other ppl who keep saying the god awful things on her daughter. I will be so happy when she gets that miracle wake up from the LORD and does a 360... degree. And show you all how well she's doing in the world.. Yes they will be following her more now than anything and wow the MILLIONS THAT HER DAUGHTER IS SET TO INHERIT SINCE THE MOVIE "SPARKLE" WAS FINISHED! AND LETS NOT FORGET WHAT EVER MONEY TRUST FUND HER MOM LEFT HER! AND IF SHE CAN'T TOUCH IT TILL 21 0R EVEN 23. SHE'S SET FOR THE NEXT 5 OR 6 LIFETIMES OVER.
SHE CAN'T HELP WHO GOD CHOSE FOR HER PARENTS. JUST LIKE YOU CAN'T HELP THAT YOU ARE AN IGNORANT FOOL. ACTUALLY YOU CAN HELP THAT.. SAY A PRAYER FOR YOURSELF

LET THE LIL GIRL BE

Wizard of Ahs

"invite" is a verb. TMZ journalists are(and continue to be) morons.

Different Rules Apply

Rest in Peace Whitney ~ you were a bright and talented star and your fans will always remember how beautiful you are!

Copper Bailey

I am so happy the family is taking Whitney home quietly and within the love of her family. No matter what, she is a daughter and a mother. Peace.

Josh

My God, SHE'S DEAD already, do we have to hear about it every second of the day? Whitney croaked, very said, we said our condolences... end of story.

Eve

Hmmmm no memorial or wake for Whitney Houston! I can understand having a private funeral, but I feel that Whitney's mother should have some type of memorial for all of Whitney's fans ! Michael Jackson's family did why can't she! I thought MJ'S public memorial was beautiful!:(.....If it wasn't for Whitney's fans she would never have became a legend ! Her mom seems bitter and ungreatful, she should be that way towards BOBBY BROWN and the enablers that were around her daughter not the fans! If my child died and was famous as Whitney was I would make sure their fans could pay their respects as well!

NotJustAnotherName

"Just Me", #11, that's freekin hilarious!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments