Whitney Houston's Funeral

At Childhood Church

... by Invite Only

2/14/2012 8:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_whitney_houston_tmz_exd5
Whitney Houston's funeral service will take place in the very same New Jersey church where Houston used to sing as a child ... and TMZ has learned there WILL be a guest list.

The service will take place Saturday at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark ... where Whitney honed her skills singing with her mother Cissy Houston and her cousin Dionne Warwick.

Sources tell TMZ ... the family wants to keep the event super-private ... as in invite only.

We're told the church only seats around 300 people -- it's unclear who will make the cut.

Yazmin Linares

I've watched your show maybe twice & each time I've turned it off not only in disgust but really pissed off. I will never watch it off & especially now that your show put on an exclusive picture of Whitney Houstons hotel room service which focuses on the alcohol on it. Which wasn't much!! Have some respect not only for Whitney Houstons sad passing but for her daughter & family too. Your show disgusts me & from what I've seen so does Harvey Levin..

dierdre

WHo really cares if WHitney Houston is having a private or public funeral.....let the woman R.I.P....any one who was this famous....the media will linger on and on and on for years to come about this woman just like Elvis......enough already, she's not even in the ground yet, and all the rumors are already surfacing.....it's sickening what the media does.....give it a break...............ENOUGH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SusanCoyote

And............ who cares???!?!? And old crack-head who only put out crappy pop music in the 80s. Spare me.

Seriously wtf

TMZ your handling of this story is getting to be very tasteless and macabre. Showing pictures of the tub, telling how the room is already rented again, and now acting like her funeral is the most sought after party in town - come on, get some class.

Why am I telling this to TMZ?

Nicole

@Susan Coyote, people like you baffle me. You clicked on the link. Read the entire story. THEN make a comment about how you don't care and apparently never liked her music. That sure is alot of effort for someone who "doesn't care."

From the content of your comment, you must have never made mistakes. That could be the only reason you are so willingly to log on to this site and go out of your way to attack the character of someone who is not only deceased, but has family members, specifically, a child, actively grieving her absence at this very moment. With such an ugly personality, I'm sure your outside matches up. Watch out for karma.

Seriously wtf

Why am I telling this to TMZ?

Sandra

Whatever!! Enough of Whitney!!

Rolm

Please please no more of this skank she died 20 years ago. This is going to be a long week

Joan K

Duh, a long week? This is going to be a long 2 months for TMZ, they will milk this to death.

Susie-Q

I have to agree this is way to much press. Yes she was a great singer at one time. I am not sure it was the most beautiful voice ever Celine is great and so it Barbra Streisand. Just as great and not crackheads either. Whitney did herself no justice with the drug issue and I am hearing she was doing drugs before she met Bobby Brown. Now her little girl is also a mess. Bury her and lets move on. Rest in Peace and my sympathy to her family. I am wondering also why did they not get braces for that little girl when she was young to fix the space in between her 2 front teeth? I am just sayin.

fanp

I think they should've thought about her fans a minute....have a private ceremony then one for her fans...I mean you only buy every album , pay for these ppls lifestyle, stay on their team when they are down, hope for the best in their public and personal life then get cheated out of a proper goodbye, I feel for the family but I don't think they thought this one thru!

Kate

good for the Houston family...At the end of the day Whitney is their daughter, mother, cousin, etc..I am glad that the family is sticking to their beliefs and values.

WHORES

please God protect Bobbi Kristina from her ghetto thug dad !and his family and ALL his other children from different women...

Tina2000

I think it is awful that people don't post kind words during such a time as this. I am a little shocked that the family decided not to have a public memorial for all of her many, many fans. I think if we look at the entire spain of her career, no one can deny that she was the best female vocalist of all times! PERIOD! I love Whitney and GOD bless her daughter and family. Be Blessed.

frnacisco 2010

funeral service next saturday? a complete week after her death.how nasty habit to dead bodies you americans have. here in mexico we bury bodies the day after

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments