Celine Dion

Drugs Killed Whitney Houston

2/13/2012 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0213_the_interview_launch
Celine Dion isn't waiting for the coroner to give an official cause of death for Whitney Houston because she apparently knows what killed her ... drugs.

Speaking to "Good Morning America" today via phone, Dion wasted no time pinning Houston's untimely passing on drug abuse. She told Robin Roberts, "Whitney has been an amazing inspiration for me ... It's just really unfortunate that drugs, bad people or bad influence took over. It took over her dreams. It took over her love and motherhood."

Dion immediately linked Houston's death with other famous people who died from drugs. She went on to say, "When you think about Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe and Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse, to get into drugs like that, for whatever reason. Is it because of the stress and bad influence? What happens when you have everything?"

A cause of death has not yet been determined, but sources close to Houston's family tell TMZ the coroner has told them she died from Xanax and other prescription drugs mixed with alcohol.

Sara

I'm really sick of Celine Dion's eternal verbal diarrhea...

Sauri

The thing that gets me most is how we always dwell on a person's past. It is so sad how celebrities are ridiculed for every thing they do. We are all human and none of us know where life will take us all we know is where we have been. Whether it was drugs or natural causes, the important thing is her soul. That is what we should all be praying for. So many ppl had so many evil things to say about her when she was going through now everyone is so heartbroken. What she always needed was prayer. Her past means absolutely nothing now..It is always so easy to remember the bad before we think of the good.

sondra

(A time for everything) Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted.

Fame and fortune comes with a hefty price its not for every1 that's why they say what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas. Normally I try 2 stay out of topics like this b/c what I do best is mind my own business and what I like 2 do is mind my own business. However, I feel compelled 2 say something even though I've never been a big Whitney Houston fan until I stumbled across My Love Is Your Love.

John 3:16 For GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten Son that whosoever BELIEVES in HIM should not perish but have everlasting life........................................

Success is NOT built upon Chance or Luck. Success is NOT determined outside of You. Success is CREATED within You.

We will never know the heartaches, pains, blood, sweat, crying and hurt she went through 2 mk it thus far. Until u have walked in some1 shoes do not judge them. Only GOD can judge us! Some ppl r nothing but deep sea scuba divers they go where no man has gone b4 so they will go, as far as digging through ur trash and garbage cans. Everybody has skeletons in their closet some r so powerful and can knock dwn metal and steel.

This tragic was an out of control disaster until it spiral in2 a disaster out of control. The problem was ignored and dressed up 2 look good, but on the inside she was tossed around, turned in every direction, heart broken, torn in2 pieces, hurting her body, confused in the mind, troubled in her soul and crying out 4 help. Many ppl in our society, churches and families r nothing but dressed up garbage cans. So who r we 2 judge some1 for the same measures we judge 1 the Lord will judge u, 2.

I have never understood why ppl say they would like 2 b a fly on some1 walls when all they have 2 do is listen 2 what's going on in their own hms. I do not even think a fly wants 2 b on the walls of some ppl hms, so I believe this is why a fly bumps against the walls, windows and doors trying 2 save itself b/c it's 2 hot in there.

As a believer I sweep around my own front doors b4 I try 2 sweep around some else door b/c 4 we all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. I'm not tking sides w/ any1 b/c at 12 yrs old JESUS knew that HIS sins were on HIM, so every1 knows right from wrong. And no1 has 2 come 2 us 2 tell us when we r doing wrong b/c what u do in the dark will come 2 light. Let this b a wake up call in our society, churches and families b/c every1 has 2 learn 2 tk responsibility 4 the actions they mk in life its the only wy U will learn from your mistakes, which will help U endure life changing events and not become overwhelmed with life.

I'm throwing things out here as they come 2 mind b/c life is the most precious of treasures b/c its a gift from GOD. So death begins when we tk our 1st breath and life ends when we tk our last breath. This is not our hm 4 we r only passing through until the potter finishes us. We r all GODS children so we were a blessing from GOD! . Regardless if u r young or old every knee has 2 bow and every tongue shall confess.

The sad thing is the majority of times we r our own worst enemy b/c we do more harm 2 ourselves than what ppl do 2 us. And ppl don't reach out 2 ea other b/c they r so caught up in material things such as big hms, jewelry, designer clothes, designer shoes, designer handbags, fast cars and money. Unfortunately we live in a world where society has clicks 2, so if u r not in the circle they will not extend the olive branch 2 u. Not only does society have clicks, but its gotten so bad until their in our families and churches, too. If the family institution was close knitted then their love ones would b there 2 catch them b4 they fall in2 the murk and miry clay. We r all a work of art in the potters hand Hes not finished with us, so family members must remember 2 pick up the ph 2 ck on their love ones and visited ea other more often. When I heard about Anna Nicole, Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse I didn't say anything. I guess I'm saying something about Whitney Houston b/c a couple wks ago I found myself listening 2 Ms. Houston singing My Love Is Your Love. I pray shes wrapped in the arms of the Lord b/c all she needed was 4 some1 to show her the wy bk then she would've plc'd her hands in the Lords hand and He would not had let her go dwn a path of life destruction.

We can continue writing our introspection's, but I'm asking u 2 tk a look at the man in mirror and change your wys. We can't save the world, but if we turn 1 to RIGHTEOUSNESS the ANGELS will rejoice in HEAVEN. B careful what u say on earth b/c a little bird may fly bk 2 Heaven and repeat it. If u do not have nothing good 2 say about a person then keep ur mouth shut especially during a time like this. Point ur finger at some1 and see how many r pointing bk at U.

Your Life is the most precious of treasures, when we see the value of others lives too, that's enlightenment. So may we see the people in our world as God sees them. She may b Absent in body, but she will b present in spirit!

Peace and may GOD b w/us

Lauren

Not a single one of you commenting about celine is is right obviously has had to deal with addiction in their own life or a loved owns life. Fame or no fame addiction is going to strike any gender, any age, any race. You don't exactly go into life asking to be an addict, it just chooses you and it is something you have to battle every day. You don't get vacations from it and once an addict is always an addict. Whats sad about this audio by another famous singer that was supposed to be her friend and if she was worried she should have been there for her and not turned you back. Whats makes you feel so much better than an addict? Whitney houstons death be a wake up call for america to open their eyes and see what many americans battle every day and every moment and there needs to be a better system to help addict!

Fastscaper

I love Celine!

Fastscaper

Leave Celine out of it - she's only saying what everybody else is thinking and saying and what everyone else kind of already knows. Drugs will have contributed in some way or another to her death.

Just Karen

Celine is no saint either!!! She is VERY materialistic! Don't comment on things until you know the actual truth!!

Does it Really Matter

Instead of always speculating about what happened, why don't you people wait for the facts to come out. What about the repspect for her Whitney's daughter and mother? What about the respect for Whitney??!! We all have some demons, hate to see what they write about you when you die!!!!

FameMonster

Shut your mouth Celine! Michael was MURDERED! Marilyn was MURDERED! Amy was not under the influence of drugs when she died, and Elvis still lives! With the exclusion of Amy what in the hell do you know about Americans!? Take your funny talking ass back to Canada!

decdetdes

Celine Dion is perfectly correct. She said nothing inappropriate on GMA. She never once disrespected Whitney Houston. Speaking the truth does not equate disrespect.

jake

First, I am not a huge Celine fan, but would be lying if I said I didn't have a some of her music. On the other hand, society needs to get a reality check. Sure these people have people who work for them and do things for them, but no one is holding them down shoving pills in their mouths. It's sad to think that someone who has everything would let their lives go to hell, but we need to remember one thing, they make their own choices. Michael Jackson choose to use the drugs, he could have certainly said no and the same goes for Whitney...There is always a choice. Celine refused to sugarcoat the issue and I have to say that I respect what she said and it is not like they were not in the same profession. Sometimes the truth is bittersweet.

jake

ruiz

Simply too soon. The woman isn't even in the ground yet. If Celine is so informed due to her celebrity status, then she should have been sensitive enough to keep her mouth shut until after the mourning period. Perhaps she should direct some of that chest beating to her forehead.

Klaus from Germany

I never was a Whitney Houston Fan (more inspired by the Rolling Stones), but she had my age and her music accompanied some of the most important moments in my life.
What the devil killed her? I can’t hear anymore that it were drugs and alcohol. Of course she had some problems. But what definitively killed her was her own expectation, the expectation of her audiance, so it was us (or “we”, sorry I’m not a native english speaker).
It was that damned one note in “I will always love you”. In the video of her last Brisbane concert, you can see, how afraid she was of this damned high note. A note, that she hit so perfectly, when she was 28. A note that each decade perhaps 10 professional singers (classic and opera included) are able to hit. But you can’t expect a 46-48 years old woman, whose voice chords are no more that elastic, to sing and look like a 28 years old girl.
Most of todays female singers do not hit any note. They talk in the micro, and the vocalizer tranposes this to any note you want (I think it was Cher who invented this technique 20 years ago). Whitney never used those electronic digital effects. She tried and tried hard, took approach, let the last note to her background singers… She tried anything to fulfill you/our expectations. But it was not reachable.
So you/we killed her, by giving her the impression of expecting her with 48 to look and sound like a 28 years old girl…!!!
We did not give her the feeling, that
WE WOULD ALWAYS LOVE HER
even, if she does not hit this damned one high note anymore.

katie from CO

What really saddens me about all this is the lack of respect from everyone who found out and continued to stay at this party and it was never shut down..where is the respect??? Ms Whitney was 4 floors up and her poor daughter..OMG, for everyone that was there at this party, its your mojo you have to face everyday..I am so ashamed of all of you.