Whitney Houston Funeral

Bobby Brown Bailed

Over Seating Dispute

2/18/2012 11:16 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bobby Brown was asked to leave the funeral of Whitney Houston today.
Bobby Brown was asked to leave Whitney Houston's funeral today ... after he got into an argument with Whitney's family over whether or not he could bring nine people into the church with him ... TMZ has learned.

Brown was spotted going into the church today in Newark, NJ ... but was seen leaving shortly thereafter.

According to our sources, Brown was invited, plus two, but instead showed up with an entourage of nine people. We're told Bobby became upset when he found out they would not seat his whole party.

Our sources say Bobby wanted to sit with his daughter, Bobbi Kristina, but Whitney's family was not having it.

We're told Rev. Jesse Jackson tried to smooth things over ... but to no avail.

update_bar
Rev. Al Sharpton spoke of the incident with Bobby as he left the church, saying, "He showed nothing but love and respect for Whitney. I wish people would leave Bobby alone" (see video below).

Brown issued a statement later on, saying, "My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions."

He continued, "I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene."

0218_al_sharpton_video

Sdfref

Last week Whitney and daughter were drinking together. People are saying to keep Bobby away from daughter but I think GOD took Whitney away for a reason.

Revan

I agree with the majority. NO CLASS - why bring in a posse to begin with? He is a miserable piece of **** that should be in that coffin. Not Whitney. My heart breaks for Bobbi Kristina.

aubyn

his dad died...then whitney...its like a sacrifice and pay...look how much attention hes getting..if his career magically comes back from the grave then its possible he sacrificed whitney and his dad to rejuvenate his career.

Cgal

Now see Bobby. There you go. That was disrespectful. Who brings and entourage to a funeral?

JuJuBee

The previous comment about Bobby B. being a turd is true. I hope people stop showing up to see him live. He's a train wreck.

Bobby you can't come back home cuz

Whitney said so!!!!!!!!!

NYC

9 people?! Come on! This man has no respect, even for the dead!

Noni

Bobby Brown has always been a selfish SOB. Too bad he can't be man enough to be Bobbi's Daddy for once...when she really needs him.

Hexon T3

This is so sad. He should have been there for his daughter and his personal closure. This will set a negative tone for the future with his relationship with his daughter. And his daughter will have to wade through this family rift. Very sad.

metrius

You are so right. I think that the mother want everything to be about her. This is another sad day. Black people do not know how to do things GOD'S Way.

rita

I would have walk out my self , bobby was with his other children and his family that new whitney. and bobby daughter should have stand up for a dad.

Cheryl A.

who the hell brings 9 people with them to a funeral. They invited him to be with his daughter, not his "entourage"

sleep sleepy

why is everybody blaming bobby for action for bringing 9people to funeral,as anybody ever thought about is side of family wanted to come pay they respect to whitney too.all the hate the houston family putting on bobby brown is going to turn on them win is daughter come running to him .she,s grown now. i dont like the way houston family handle the bobby brown seating arangement he should of had a area for is side of the family nuff said.

BETTY

I think its pretty messed up,what her family is doing,no matter what there appinion of Bobby,she loved him,and spent alot of her life with him,albeit no so good,who are they to judge,she would have wanted him there and for everyone to get along,they could at least be adults about it all.

nng

Most of his "pose" were his children...that Whitney had a relationship with. Dag on shame how folk can do you. They should have thought of Bobby K before making that decision.