Al Roker on Davy Jones

'A Little Bit of My Youth Just Died'

2/29/2012 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0229_al_davy_BN-01
Davy Jones
' death was a crushing blow to thousands of famous people across the Internet -- including Al Roker ... who spoke for millions when he tweeted, "A little bit of my youth just died."

Elijah Wood, Boy George, and Rosie O'Donnell also weighed in online ... check out some of the Twibutes.

superchicken

Well I'm certainly glad that Rosie O'Donnell WEIGHED in.

LI_Mom

It's nice to hear from the celebrities how Davy touched their lives.

LOL about Marcia Brady, I also thought of that Brady Bunch episode when I heard the news.

Jerry

I agree with Al Roker,we are sane age, this is so sad. My childhood ended when John Lennon died, and now piece by piece all of my generation are going. Way too long, my heartfelt condolences go to his family, especially his daughters.
RIP Davy

toasty

awwwww! My sisteres and i loved him! i remember us all watching their show and listening to evry album. very sad. r.i.p.

CC - THE ORIGINAL

Was just listening to "Daydream Believer" this morning...and YES, I was singin' at the top of my lungs in the car!!!
The funniest thing is his video TMZ has up...the second one, he says "Justin Beiber stole his hair, Axle Rose stole his dance..." too funny.
Like all us "50-ish" folks are saying...a part of my youth died.
RIP, Davey...you STILL were hot to me at 66!!

lookItsMegRyan

what a bummer

Edwin

I wonder if Al Roker would have switched seats with Davy so Davy could sit next to his wife.

Bully Bill

Al Roker is the biggest "Uncle Tom" I've ever seen. He makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcolm X.

Merlin Luedtke

Tell me it isnt so! Davey Jones! Hey Hey we're the Monkeys! Another one of my Monkey Friends is gone..

Janet Becraft

My mom Rebecca and I Janet BeCraft loved The Monkees and including Davy Jones. He was my favorite Monkee since I was a little girl.
Rebecca (my mom) receives two autograph photos from Davy Jones himself and my family and saw him in person back in the late 90s in Phoenix AZ, when they had three all star performers including Bobby Sherman, Davy Jones, & Peter Noone and I gave Davy Jones a red rose and he shook my hand and plus a low and a high five.
My family and I will miss Davy Jones so much and his music with The Monkees will live forever and always.
RIP Day Jones and we all know that you will be singing these Monkee classic songs in Heaven.
My family will send a deepest sympathy goes out to the Jones's family.
Davy, we also know that you'll be looking down to your family and friends/fans from Heaven.
We all know that your fellow members Mike, Micky and Peter will definately miss you alot.
WE WILL LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU DAVY JONES.

Tom Merritt

Oh thank God just a piece of Al Roker's youth is dead. I was worried for a minute.

Teddy

Remember him as Ena Sharples Grandson on Coronation St (Brit soap) in the 60's........ RIP Davey Jones... "Im a Believer" !!!

DaveyCool77

I find it so insincere when people write R.I.P.
Why would you abreviate your condolences?
Come on people, can you just spell it out? This isn't some cheap halloween prop. A man is dead!

NYJ

Al Roker is hypocritical piece of trash who should have had a heart attack instead. Screw him.

That said...

RIP, Davy. Godspeed.

brian

A great entertainer, and a definitive part of my youth. I watch their show consistently and enjoyed all of them. He will for sure be missed. God Blessed him with a golden memorable voice.................

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments