Al Roker on Davy Jones

'A Little Bit of My Youth Just Died'

2/29/2012 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0229_al_davy_BN-01
Davy Jones
' death was a crushing blow to thousands of famous people across the Internet -- including Al Roker ... who spoke for millions when he tweeted, "A little bit of my youth just died."

Elijah Wood, Boy George, and Rosie O'Donnell also weighed in online ... check out some of the Twibutes.

Fred Van Vleit

I'll miss you so much Davy! You were my first "boy crush"!

kathy

so sad to hear about Davy Jones; we grew up in the same era; and I loved his personality and energy.

Merlin Luedtke

Hey Hey were the monkeys! RIP Davey Jones #1 Monkey

Debbie

R.I.P. Davey! I loved The Monkees and he was my all time favorite and loved it when he was on the Brady Bunch.... He was such a fun loving person you could tell by his personality....He will be missed.....Wake me up I know i'm dreaming right!

KatieJinLA

RIP to my first crush. Miss you already Davy

Don

Nice to see that so many people have taken the occasion of a man's death to spew a little hatred Al Roker's way. What a wonderful loving people. Scotty, beam me up!

Lila Ann

ITS A SAD DAY TODAY i was born in 1960... and had a 45 record player everyday i came home from school guess who i would listen to? Yes DAVY JONES & THE MONKEES i can't imagine back in those days they never made music back in those days i will MISS U DAVE & THANKS for all the WONDERFUL MEMORIES RIP & CONDOLENCES to his family.

parlayer

grow up al and all you 1 percenters are all the same poor "dave was such a wonderful looser, i almost remember who he was"

Jeannie Taylor

R.I.P. Davy Jones, I loved watching him on the Monkees Show and I watched on the Brady Bunch to. God bless his family.

55vineyard

There is some channel (not sure what it is) that is still showing Monkee's reruns, was getting my pedicure a month or so ago and the shop had it on their TV. This is in the LA area.

Jen

Thank you for the sweet memories David. You were a beautiful person and a great talent.
My heart breaks for your family and heaven will be even more heavenly now.

Teresa Mechler

The Monkees are some of my best memories... 1976, 1986, 1996, 1997... Always saw them on the 10-yr, 20-yr, 30-yr. anniversaries. I have a picture of my son Matthew when he was about 8 with Davy. Matthew had a rather large plush TY snake around his neck and Davy picked up the head of the snake and pretended it was a microphone!!! DAVY, YOU WILL BE TERRIBLY MISSED BUT WONDERFULLY REMEMBERED!!

Fred Bennykofer

I work in Indian Town Fla. wish I could of seen you.Growing up with the Beatles and the Monkees was great.This fan will miss you.Davey R.I.P.

Molly

Totally devastated by this news........loved him as a child.....way tooooo young to leave us now.

Evergreen

A part of my youth is gone, but it's good to know that Davy did what he enjoyed to do in his life till the end. He even sang happily to admiring crowd weeks before. It's sad and quite soon. Like all greats, he'll be missed but the joy of his memory lives on. I'm sure he's in peace.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments