Micky Dolenz

I Knew Something Was Wrong

2/29/2012 11:38 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0229_micky_dolenz_getty_BN
Micky Dolenz says he had a feeling something bad was going to happen today ... saying  he "had bad dreams all night long" ... only to later learn about the death of his friend Davy Jones.

Dolenz released a statement moments ago ... saying, "Can't believe it...Still in shock...had bad dreams all night long."

In a separate statement, Dolenz added -- "I am in a state of shock ... The time we worked together and had together is something I'll never forget. He was the brother I never had and this leaves a gigantic hole in my heart. The memories have and will last a lifetime. My condolences go out to his family.

Monkees bassist Peter Tork also released a statement about Jones which reads:

"It is with great sadness that I reflect on the sudden passing of my long-time friend and fellow-adventurer, David Jones.

His talent will be much missed; his gifts will be with us always. My deepest sympathy to Jessica and the rest of his family.

Adios, to the Manchester Cowboy."

MyOpinionOnly

Awww...so sad. Loved them all back in the day. RIP Davey.

Delaware D

RIP, Davy. Damn.

superchicken

I always thought Mickey was bit underrated for his singing.

kim

I UNDERSTAND THOSE FEELING ALL TOO WELL... SORRY FOR YOUR GREAT LOSS OF A DEAR FRIEND... REST AND HAVE PEACEFUL DREAMS FOR DAVY TONIGHT AS HE IS AT PEACE...

Sherms

So sad...and still so young.

boner

Why such a great person so young when the list of nobodies continues to grow? Like the Lohans,Kardashians,ECT, see where I'm going with this?

Susie

Davey, was seriously one of the nicest men, polite, not up on a pedestal like so many stars. Very welcoming and cordial and down to earth, cute as heck even as he got older. A horrible shock and sadness today. RIP

ETM

Oh Dr. Murray ?

CloBird

Dolenz had an unspecific feeling of impending troubles...and it cam true. I still can't believe this news...Another childhood idol, too young to die, has died. I am just so sad. Rest in peace, Davy Jones, my favorite Monkee.

John

To those fortunate to have experienced The Monkees, and the Beatles, growing up in the 1960...'s, we were part of the golden American time to be young.

@taylor

So sorry to hear of such a great loss, he will be very missed. RIP DAVY MY CHILDHOOD FRIEND.

Different Rules Apply

Loved all four of them ~ brings back memories of innocence and silliness that are long gone. R.I.P. Davy and peace to your family in their time of loss.

cjs

I had such fun watching them as a kid and such crushes on them, I'm so sad for his family, friends and fans.

obama'saracist

and where is the out pouring of sorrow for this white male singer like we saw with the drug addicts whitless

Joan K

So sad, I loved The Monkees when I was a youngster and I still enjoy listening to their songs. RIP Dear Davy

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments