« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

The Rock

Childhood EVICTION Drove Me

to Become a Beast

3/28/2012 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_uw26mcck_0_l4709dx4
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson says he owes his ENTIRE career to a traumatic experience from his childhood -- a traumatic experience that inspired him to spend every waking hour in the gym.

The confessional was shot for a documentary which chronicled the build up to the Rock's upcoming match against John Cena at Wrestlemania XXVIII this weekend.

During an emotional car ride, Rock opens up about the time he and his family were evicted from their apartment in Hawaii when he was 14 years old.

Rock says he'll never forget the look of despair on his mom's face when she tried to explain why he couldn't sleep in his own bed that night.

As a result, Rock says he resolved to change his life forever ... so he'd never experience anything like that ever again -- and the change began in the weightroom.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

RexOhara

That's why they call him "THE ROCK"!

WillOTheWisp

I LOVE The Rock!!! I’ve never met him in person, but he’s the type of people I like to be around…… he keeps it real. I love you, Dwayne….. You’re so handsome… yummy! You wouldn't have to be 'rich' for me.... I'd take care of you any day.. and your mamma, too. Yeah, baby!

Majestik

Seriously, TMZ? this would be funny from those of us in the WRESTLING World that have been following this since the early eighties. Um YAH NO...PULEAZE, he's from a broken home but not that EARLY. He had a mum making dough, his father was a very HIGHLY WELL KNOWN wrestler, and he's never known what it means to "STRUGGLE" seriously, give me a friggin break

Majestik

Okay, I read more of this story.

F**K off please! Wot you were evicted? You are so full of crapola. Your mother was the daughter of a BIG Wrestling star, your father was a HUGE wrestling star, and you got evicted when you were 14? Get off, your father and your mother when they split up kept it amicable and the money came in, no matter how. WWE is really trying to sell this story and BULL****TING it and I'm NOT impressed. He was NEVER a struggling wrestler, he was a golden child, when he first showed up in WWF he was also playing UNIVERSITY FOOTBALL. Yeah, he was struggling so bad he attended the University of Miami, was a part of their football team. Un huh, come again how "THE ROCK" wants to pass his ass off as a homeless guy ( just a figure of speech, not really meaning a homeless guy).

Alexis

I honest to God MELT every time I see him. Most GORGEOUS man Alive!!!

Stiletto

Their upcoming match? Can you really call it a "match" when they've already received their "scripts" and been told which of them wins and have signed contracts agreeing to it?

How much do any of you want to bet, that Cena will win but by some dirty trick and the so-called "match" will end with no winner?

Let's see...what is the usual...Um, Rock will be close to winning a tough match with Cena and will leave Cena hurt on the ground while he walks around the ring firing up the crowd. While the ref looks after Cena to see if he can continue, another "wrestler" will slip up behind Rock with a chair and knock him out. Cena will come to, stroll over to Rock and land on him for the win...then be disqualified leaving no winner.

Or he will be named the winner and the stage will be set for a rematch.

What a joke.

And...Hell yes I will be watching : )

LoudMouth

Well, gee whiz, that's a nice story. But how would going to the gym keep one from being evicted in the future? I know quite a few gym rats that live in near poverty, and have been evicted, because they spend too much time in the gym.

YouDontSay

Sigh. i have the biggest crush.

cass

He is such a class act. The Rock Rocks!

Big D

Everybody likes the "Rock"

Roy

The Rock always seems like a cool guy. I've never met him but he comes off as one celebrity that doesn't act like a douche. I'll definitely be watching WM28 hoping he wins.

All Natural

It must really have messed with his syche. Steroids are only the symptom.

blkmamba

Zzzzzzzzzzzz! He's still telling the same old boring stories.

princesses09

I swear the Rock is like one of the sexiest older guys walking around..I'd marry him in a heartbeat lol

Uh

All BS to promote Wrestling event.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments