Morning Show Wars

Sarah Palin to Co-Host 'Today'

4/1/2012 10:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0401-today-show-sarah-palin-tmz-bn
NBC has countered ABC's move of bringing Katie Couric to "Good Morning America" this week by announcing Sarah Palin will co-host "Today" this Tuesday.

On their website, the peacock said that Palin will "reveal a different side of her than you've seen before." NBC is also promising that "a surprise legend will return to the broadcast Monday morning."

Palin and Couric are forever linked from their infamous interview in 2008 when Couric hosted "CBS Evening News."

The interview is widely credited for destroying Palin's credibility ... probably forever.

Pat Boone is a Flaming Fruitcake

I am sick to death of Katie Couric and her "cute" little girl giggles. Then, she tries to be serious and it doesn't work.

She's going to fail on ABC. Matt Lauer is going to crush her in the ratings.

Mike

This is the unfunniest April Fools' joke ever.

arealrascal

I suspect this is an April Fool's joke, but either way it sure makes NBC look foolish... with the punchline being that either so many people would believe the network would be dumb enough to do such a thing or - gulp - the network is dumb enough to do such a thing. If they want to appeal to the same IQ set, they should bring on Kim Kardashian Wednesday.

In Depth News

This is a Good Choice for the Todays Show the bring Sarah Palin on the show , because Pain will bring a Better Perspective on Today's Issues.

In Depth News

This is a Good Choice for the Today's Show , because there will be a better perspective on the Issues of Today .

Sue

wait... and there is a comparison???.... Sarah Palin is an idiot....they won't watch it because it's her... scheez....

Butterfly

I HOPE THIS IS NOT THE BEGINNINGS OF PREVIEWS about Matt Laurer's decision to leave NBC. If he does, my choice for Matt's replacement is Lester Holt. He is highly professional, intelligent, very serious, and delivers the news with confidence without stumbling. He also has a very pleasant speaking voice and is easy on the eyes. What more would NBC ask for, but, one of their own. As for Monday's legend returning, I am guessing Jane Pauly or Bryant Gumbel.

Thereaper

Palin has an exclusive contract with Fox News. This is an April Fool's Day joke.

Tim

Can't wait to see Sarah Palin on the Today Show on Tuesday morning!

pciswhack

In my opinion, this interview does wonders for Sarah Palin and shows Katie Couric to be a mean-spirited shrewish person who has absolutely no interview skills.

Javadude54

Every comedian in America will be recording that one for material.

Truga

This video appears to be another anti-Palin set-up with mean-spirited asking Palin questions not related to the GOP nominee process. Palin acts pleasant and had to give rapid fire answers while ugly Couric seemed so serious on catching Palin again. Disgusting interviewl

Dennis Cline

Everybody that dislikes SARAH PALIN is either DUMB and STUPID and most of all JEALOUS because you are not as good looking or as smart as she is, I am proud to say that I met her and shook her hand two times.

Ilovepalin

I will have Sarah on every TV in my house. I cannot understand how American's can rip apart a woman who has strong convictions (maybe different then your own) is a devoted mother and wanted to help make our country a better place. They asked HER to be Mcain's running mate and she tried her best to step up to the plate. She did a hell of a job and I loved her! She never professed to be an expert in foreign policy or relations. The media did their best to crucify this woman and her family. Comedians all took their opportunist swipes at her. Tina Fey especially makes me sick and wishes she was as attractive as Palin. Now the BS continues. What did Palin ever do to make her such a target? As a mother myself and a woman, I admire all she has done, tried to do and withstood. No one should have to endure this type of ridicule, because you think she is "dumb". She tried her best,you should all be ashamed of yourselves, and especially the women out there shame on you!! I know she is going to whip Couric's ass, because there are a lot of people out there who love Palin, but are afraid to say it because they will get bullied into a corner. Just watch the replies I get on this post.

shrimperdan

There is no way I will be watching Today on Tuesdaday. Ms. Palin is not anyone I want to subject myself to while getting ready for work! I have lost some respect for the producers of the Today program.