Oprah Winfrey

OWN Was a MISTAKE

4/2/2012 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_f61oxajz_0_oxgprp9m(1)
Oprah Winfrey rues the day she ever launched the Oprah Winfrey Network -- claiming the entire operation was one giant mistake ... doomed from the get go.

The Big O appeared today on "CBS This Morning," confessing she might not have created OWN if she could do it all over again -- "The idea of creating a network was something that I wanted to do. Had I known that it was this difficult, I might have done something else."

She added, "If I knew then what I know now, I might have made different choices. If I were writing a book about it, I could call the book '101 Mistakes.'"

As we previously reported, OWN has been struggling BAD -- chopping a large chunk of network employees last month ... right after it was forced to cancel Rosie O'Donnell's show.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Pudding Tang

elementary you dumb ass

Denver

Ego and too much money. Karma.

TJ

She is trying to go the 'reality show " route. Beverly Johnson,the new show,was absolutely dreadful! Must add ,the Tatum O'Neil & Ryan show was very good. Well,poor Oprah.She can cry into her billion dollar fortune!

Stiletto

Has Keith Olbermann found a new home?

EnigMaa

I DONT Believe It Was a Mistake...
I Do Believe The (Economic) TIME Frame Was Wrong.

King of TMZ

Oprah is just another overfamous celebrity. Yes she made a bazzilion dollars fortune by being a host. but she is not worth a bazzilion dollar brand. There is more luck factor and people behind the scenes that contributed to the success of Oprah show. Michael Jackson actually also contributed to the success of her show & what did she do? stab him in the back by accusing him of molesting children.

Karma Owns. :D

Stiletto

You can't tell Oprah is a total cow, until you compare her to the other lady at the desk. If they were sitting side by side it would have been a nightmare.

Carl

People were predicting the failure of OWN upwards of a year BEFORE the channel ever launched, for the very reasons it is failing now. Too bad Oprah didn't listen.

amazinglybored

Translation: My ego made me think that people would be willing to pay for my network because it was my network. Now that it wasn't the success that I thought it would be, I'm trying to save face by seeming self-aware.

I would just like to say that I called this happening when she announced OWN.

Truth

OPRAH IS JUST ANOTHER DRUG ADDICTED BITCH... HER DRUG IS OVERRATED SELF-CONFIDENCE AND ARROGANCE TO THE MAX. THE ONLY REHAB FOR HER IS BANKRUPTCY. KARMA IS A BITCH! #TRUTH!!

Abe

Oprah had no business starting a network because she doesn't have the brains to run a business.

Go back to your talk show, O. You ain't cut out for anything that requires intelligence.

x

Delaware D

The Food Network was laughable when it first came out and now its a really good channel. Give it time; find your groove!

EnigMaa

I DONT Believe OWN Was a Mistake...
I Do Believe The (Economic) TIME Frame Was Wrong

Lisa

Two things: She is not as smart as people make her to be. The idea of her talk show came from Roger Ebert, so it was not her beinig the genius. Although it was successful because of her ability to relate to peopl
Second thing. My dream is to won a network. She can still save her network. She is keeping it too clean. In this day and age, that will not succeed. She should have grabbed "All my children" when the cast was hoping she could. That could have given her some audience right there. Nobody wants a health/women/clean living/spiritual channel 24 hrs a day.

STFUP

Wow. I'm amazed she admitted it!
She's right though. She needs to just close it rather than just making all those cuts but still trying to stay alive.
If she'd wanted OWN to be successful, would have launched it 10+ years ago - y'know, when she still had some popularity? Now? Nobody cares - and the programming sucks.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments