'Community' Creator APOLOGIZES

Releasing Voice Mail was

'Dumb, Unclassy, Inconsiderate'

4/3/2012 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0403_dan_harmon_getty_bn
"Community" creator Dan Harmon says he's a "selfish baby and a rude a**hole" for playing Chevy Chase's voice mail in public ... and has issued a full-fledged apology calling the move, "childish, self-obsessed, unaware, naive and unprofessional."

Harmon just posted a statement on his blog titled, "Not That It Helps, But:" ... in which he admits to playing the tape for an audience of 150 strangers at an L.A. comedy club ... because he thought it would be funny.

"I was airing my dirty laundry for a chuckle."

But Harmon says he deeply regrets his decision ... explaining, "The giant mistake I made was involving someone else [Chevy] in that game of Russian roulette, someone that didn’t have an opportunity to say 'yeah, hilarious, let’s do this.'"

Harmon continues, "That was a dumb, unclassy, inconsiderate move on my part. I’m very sorry it’s reflecting poorly on the show.

Harmon says he's been paying attention to all of the critics who have been bashing him on Twitter ... and says, "Thirty people a day calling me an a**hole makes me know and feel, in my heart, that I am an a**hole. I’m a real “customer is always right” kind of guy in that regard."

We reached out to Chevy to see if he accepts the apology -- so far, no word back.

The Dude

Playing the voice mail is not what made him an *******, Starting a **** Chevy Chase chant in front of Chevy's wife and daughter at the wrap party is what makes him an *******

Marlina

How about your an A**hole and your show SUCKS! garbage!! writing is poor and cast is LAME. someone obviously chewed this A** out and he feels his pathetic attempt at Sorry will suffice. LOSER!!

R. Cortez

Dan Harmon shouldn't have messed with Ty Webb, he has high standing at Bushwood.

brooke sapp

watch this please :) no one really wants too...awkward. My friend and i kind of want support from someone other than our parents....so watch and hopefully enjoy our cover songs! this one is a cover of taylor swift and the civil wars safe and sound :)

static

Until this happened I was unaware that show existed.

hugh

It's funny when a celebrity is forced to backtrack and apologize for saying s*hit about someone else, fear of lawsuit maybe? So phony.

Drew

Dan Harmon Apology = fart from an *******

DownSouth

Sprechen Ze Douche?

spyseagullrobot

He should be fired! Chevy Chase is an american icon of comedy.especially low class dirt bag to do this in front of Chevys wife and kids. I hope they fire him and he never works again.

OBAMA CLAUS

Listening to the "rant" sounds a little contrived to me, for instance usually when people rant they ARE actually GOING OFF and i didn't hear that; what i heard is a CHevy on his game , calm cool and coherent. Remember rating are slipping aren't they ? wouldnt know never watched it or any NBC or NoBodyCares show pablum for noodlebrains . imo

kim f

WAIT A MINUTE. Chevy walked off the set and refused to do his job because he didn't like the script. That is horrible behavior for an actor to refuse to do his job because he doesn't like the writing in a scene. His job is to make the scene work. He was not hired as a writer on the show. So Chevy is also an a hole for walking off the set.

moe

WHO CARES!! THEY BOTH ARE A-HOLES AND SUCK!

sparced

at least there are now more than 10 people that know this show is on the air.... even bad publicity is good publicity

Superman

Unfortunately, too many overpaid POS bosses do this same unprofessional, childish crap to the employees that voice complaints. It's not right. And any supervisor that does it should be fired on the spot.

franz

Where's that egg timer Chevy Chase on this deal?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments