'Avengers' Star Chris Evans

I Wanna be the Next Bear Grylls

4/13/2012 3:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0413_chris_evans_bear_grylls_tmz
"Avengers"
-schmavengers ... Chris Evans says his real dream in life is much more primal -- revealing that he secretly longs to eat bark and live in the woods a la "Man vs. Wild."

The "Captain America" Star told Details magazine he dreamed about going all Thoreau back when he was a kid ... saying, "For a long time all I wanted for Christmas were books about outdoor survival. I was convinced that I was going to move to the woods."

But this wasn't just some pipe dream ... the movie star says he was completely committed to the idea and even practiced for the lifestyle -- explaining, "I swear to God, if you saw me when I am by myself in the woods, I'm a lunatic, I do crazy s**t."

"I camped a lot, I took classes" ... Evans said, adding, "At 18, I told myself if I don't live in the woods by the time I'm 25, I have failed."

He's 30 now ... an A-list movie star ... and probably lives in a mansion, or six.

Sounds like a real failure to us.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Pretty sure he could've learned all that stuff enlisting in the Army or Marines. There's still time.

mel

I read the article. He never talks about eating bark or Bear Grylls. Yes, he talks about getting into survival camping AS A KID, but his point was that was his childhood dream, not now. Get your story straight TMZ.

George

It’s nice to take a vacation once in a while because this gives you physical and mental refreshment. I can still remember my unforgettable experience when I was in Bantayan Island. The place was indescribable. The surroundings were rare, pleasant to your soul.

George

Guy Sana

It’s not only after a major disaster that people should "Pre"-pare… what are you doing to prepare for the next one?

The best source I have found for Survival Gear, and a place for some really unique Survival Tips (practical “I Shoulda Thunk That” tips that nobody ever wrote out) is here: http://www.first-aid-product.com/pgSurvival.htm.

They have some really good Winter preparedness info from Severe Weather Kits and Winter Emergency packs to Winter Safety Training and Body warmers, too - plus a section on Hypothermia & Frostbite! http://www.first-aid-product.com/industrial/body-warmer.htm

Best of all, they have some really well-built and thorough Auto and Roadside Emergency Kits - http://www.first-aid-product.com/consumer/auto.htm - As this site points out, as Americans, our cars are usually where we are - have a good Emergency kit in your car, and you'll have a great preparedness kit with you!

Guy Sana