Simon Cowell

I Want Britney on 'X Factor' ... BAD!

4/17/2012 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0_d8q5lanm_0_ow8xl7uu
Simon Cowell has finally admitted ... he's GUNNING HARD to get Britney Spears as a judge on the next season of "X Factor."

Cowell just called in to "TMZ Live" ... and told us, "I would love to have her on the show ... I think she would be a fascinating person to sit next to."

Simon said he couldn't reveal too much about the negotiations ... but did seem optimistic and hinted that he would have an answer from Britney's camp within the week.

Stay tuned ...

c

What’s he going to do about her daddy or fiancee that would have to sit next to her and control her every move? She’s obviously too stupid to make her own choices so they might as well just get one of them to do it. Any “opinion” she had would come straight from them, anyway.

Happy

Wow, not that long ago you where making fun of her. Now that your show sucks and you need some ratings Brit is the answer? Hope she turns your ass down.

Well if camp Britney say it`s a go....it`s uuuhm, not going to happen.

RICKY

HOW CAN SHE JUDGE WHEN SHE CANT SING HERSELF!

Jay W.

"she would be a fascinating person to sit next to."

Simon wants to bang Brit ! Can't blame him

Mary

I seem to remember Simon saying on idol one season that if Britney was trying out for idol, he would not have put her through to Hollywood.

Gretel

Don't get me wrong, I like the girl. I just don't think she's the brightest bulb in the box. She's a manufactured and groomed talent, albeit she is a talent. I could be wrong but I just don't think she has enough of a grasp of entertainment as a whole. Even with all that I still find myself cheering for her. Mental illness is awful.

point made...

Anonymous

She's not bright. Wrong pick, but then again the show is a dud anyway. So it doesn't matter.

Sue

OMG, Simon you must be kidding about letting Britney on X

This girl can lip sing at concerts , but she is very un-educated and has that silly laugh
all the time. She is not very bright and does not speak well. It would be a HUGH mistake for YOU, and for her. People will laugh at her, and the press will murder her in print.
Your show will go down, BIG TIME dont do it Simon, she just does not cut it

Annie

Just one question...WHY?

Anya

There is talk of her getting $20 mil for the gig as a judge? I don't think her opinion would be worth more than 2 cents !!

BEE

out of ALL the Singers you pick BRITTANY REALLY Simon...LMAOooooo REALLY

Joan K

Next he will want one of the Trashians as a judge, there has to be a better choice then Spears.

Sarah

Britney Spears is not well and mentally fit to do a job like this. I dont understand how this poor woman can do tours, make music videos, albums, and make the decisions to get married but shes not allowed to control her own money or life. Her management, father, and husband to be are just using her as a cash cow and draining her out. I just dont think she will cope being on the X factor Ive seen her in interviews since her breakdown and she always looks very uncomfortable and nervous talking and I can see she doesn't like being around people she doesn't know. Being on the X factor she'll be live on TV every week and have to talk and be with people she doesn't know and I just dont think she can cope with that. Before that breakdown and Kevin I would of said she was a good choice but not now. She needs to be out of show business and I personally think she doesn't want to be in the public eye anymore and just wants a normal life with her children but its the handlers that wont let her. I really feel sorry for her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments