'Two and a Half Men' Ad

You Don't Have to Settle

for Ashton Kutcher

4/24/2012 12:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen Two and Half Men billboard ad
Ashton Kutcher is no Charlie Sheen ... and he never will be ... at least that's the message an L.A. TV network is trying to convey in a new marketing campaign.

KTLA in Los Angeles has plastered billboards all over town promoting the syndicated run of "Men." The billboards feature Charlie's face next to the words, "The Original" ... and if it seems like it's a shot at Kutcher ... that's because it is.

A mole at the station tells us ... the marketing people are playing off the premise that "Men" was simply better with Charlie. They believe fans miss him ... and will be more into the reruns because Charlie "was the show."

Can't argue with facts.

0424_remembering_charlie_harper_footer

Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis

The Weekend Getaway

0424_ashton_kutcher_mila_kunis_launchDo "friends" take weekend trips to the beach ... go shopping for flowers ... and hit Starbucks together? 'Cause that's what Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis were up to this weekend.

The former "70s Show" costars were spotted in Carpinteria, CA together -- a small beach community near Santa Barbara.

The two were seen picking up coffee and later buying sunflowers ... out of a van.

Friends don't let friends rock red socks with shorts ... so, they gotta be dating ... right?

Massive New Tattoo

GUESS WHO!

0424_welcome_tattoo_launch
He may look like a clean cut kinda guy, but this star of one seriously huge movie also has a massive tattoo!

Know who it is? Click to find out!

Guess Who This Cute Kid

TURNED INTO!

0328_baby_guess_launch

Before she became a Hollywood hottie, she was just another cry-baby growing up in New York! Can you guess who she is?

Swingin' Stars

FOOOORE!

0411_swinging_stars_launch
These stars are giving a whole new meaning to the term clubbing. Check out which celebs have hit the links and left it all on the green.

The Cast of "7th Heaven"

THEN & NOW!

0424_welcome_heaven_launch
Barry Watson celebrates his 38th birthday this week -- and to celebrate, we're taking a look at what the cast of the feel-good family show "7th Heaven" looks like today!

Who still looks great ... and what are they all working on now?

RICKY MARTIN

Inside the New Miami Mansion

0424_welcome_martin_house_launch
It only took him five years, but Ricky Martin has finally unloaded his Miami Beach mansion!

Originally listed back in 2007 with an asking price of $16.9 million, the "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer finally sold his 7 bedroom, 9 bathroom abode for $10.6 million.

Check out the amazing interior shots!

chrissy

I never did like Ashton Kutcher

sue

I for one am so glad that Ashton is nothing like Charlie Sheen. Charlie never had to act in the show. He simply was himself, the drunk playboy. After he was let go and went on his ranting about "winning and Tiger Blood" etc. I can't even watch him in reruns. What I have to ask is: Are the stations ratings low and they are trying to get people to watch them. Reading a lot of the comments it seems that people don't hate Ashton in the show. Is the show different, definitely. At least Ashton's role is a better role model role then Charlie ever did.

Mary

This show ceased to be funny when the boy was no longer the cute kid! It had nothing to do with Sheen leaving, although he deserved to be ousted with his actions!

Charles Ratigan

C'mon Chuck Lorre. Kiss and make up! Two and a half men is dying. Charlie Sheen is Charlie. Cryer is funny. The rest of the olde cast is funny (except for the 1/2, who is now a "Dude", and thinks he is funny. He isn't. You guys (Charlie Sheen and Chuck Lorre), can again be a team, and this will work. Easy to bring Charlie back. He was mugged in England, the mugger stole his ID. Charlie was hopitalized, and is amnesiac, ending up playing the piano in a Pub, for food and room. Comes back to senses, Rose buys his house back (along with a new piano). Annnd, the Show is ON!!!!!!!

Pally

I won't watch Charlie because I have a mindful connection in to whom he is as a person; same goes for Kelsey Grammer. I feel the poster ad is a desperate ad for the sindicated connections.

mike

Reruns are just more funny .Sorry Ashton but Charlie is funnier .Charlie doesn't even have to say anything just the looks he gives make me laugh .

joy

I love Charlie! So what if he had a mid-life crisis! Are any of us any better? And look at what a wh--e Ashton Kutcher is turning out to be! At least we knew where Charlie had been!!!

Kev

LA keep getting worse, with the Lakers elbow attack and now this, LA needs to go in the ocean now. People that like Charlie must be people that love to **** women for their body and not respecting them, doing drugs and drinking. I like Ashton, but I watch it because of Allen mostly. Hes funny and that is why he wins the awards, Charie never made the Show ALLEN DID!

Njeanous

Kutcher does carry off that Sheen demeanor. John Stamos would have been better fit. The trouble is with the delivery of those quick one liners. Hope the writers are the same cause that may make the real difference.

David

The show always was a little off center to Morals. "Men" But to let it backslide to Jake and the cast resorting to pot smoking even worse. My Daughter had a suggestion at the start when Charlie was removed, bring Herb in with Allan and it all could start out with both being the "Men" in Judith and Allan's daughter. I'm sure the writers would have another good 6 years of good humor and plot to write about.
I too really don't care for the show any more. I have watched maybe 3 episodes and even then flip through to finding something of more value...Like Antiques roadshow...

Tim

Sheen is an a**hole, but I wish they would put him back on the show. It was so much funnier. It has become the Allen Harper Show. Kutcher is only funny when he is acting stupid, as in 70s Show or Dude Where's my Car? He just doesn't have Charlies timing for the punch line.

Melanie

The show is still funny. Not as good as with Sheen but funny. However I don't like the pothead thing they did with Allen's son. Not a good message, and i'm not alone in that opinion amongst my circle of friends and former watchers of the show.

JackRNX

I never have watched the new 2 and a Half Men with Kutcher. I figured I would avoid the drama of having to formulate an opinion on how the show the show sucked now. Charlie will always be Da-Man on that show to me.

Denise

I think Ashton is very funny on the show and I still watch it every week. The billboard is only up because Charlie Sheen is coming out with a new show that no one will watch. He is such a loser and never has remorse for any of his disgusting actions.

rudy