Bobby Brown

'I Wasn't the One

that Got Whitney on Drugs'

5/2/2012 6:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

050212_bobby_still0502_bobby_brownLarge-Video-Launch
Bobby Brown says he isn't to blame for Whitney Houston's deadly drug habit ... claiming, "That was part of her life BEFORE we got together."

Brown just appeared on the "Today" show ... and told Matt Lauer, "I didn't get high [on narcotics] before I met Whitney ... I smoked weed and drank beer ... but no, I wasn't the one that got Whitney on drugs ... I'm not the reason she's gone."

Clearly, Brown doesn't consider marijuana to be a narcotic ... even though the U.S. Govt does.

Still, Brown says he hasn't touched "narcotics" in 7 years ... and says he was "hurt" to learn Whitney had been using again in her final days ... saying, "I know she was struggling with it still."

Brown concluded, "I can honestly say I love that woman with everything I am ... I believe she loved me the same way."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Pudding Tang

the more you deny bobby, the more people are gonna think you did, maybe try shutting your mouth if that's indeed possible

Tim

Yawn, next.

Potato

Orly?

Greg

most people don't consider marijuana to be a narcotic. if marijuana was a narcotic, people wouldn't smoke it. narcotics are drugs like heroin and opium. all marijuana does it make me feel extra happy for a couple hours then puts me to sleep. narcotic my ass.

Truth

BOBBY'S FAT ASS LYING AGAIN... TRUE, WHITNEY STARTED ON COKE BEFORE HE MET BOBBY IN THE 80'S. HOWEVER BOBBY WAS DOING COKE IN THE 80'S WITH NEW EDITION WAAAAAY BEFORE HE MET WHITNEY. HE WAS KICKED OUT OF NE FOR PARTYING, COKE, ANMD TONS OF HARDCORE DRUGS ADN SH*T. TONS OF DO***ENTARIES PROVE IT, EVEN BOBBY HAS ADMITTED ON TAPE SEVERAL TIMES. PLAYING VICTIM YET AGAIN. #TRUTH!!

MJ

clearly TMZ doesn't even understand that alcohol is worse when it comes to drugs then a bit of weed. why the comment about weed when you forget to mention he also used alcohol?? that stuff kills people. weed does not.....

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

What's with the judgemental tone, TMZ? I think some of you elipses abusing "grammarians" are high on "narcotics" when you "write" these "articles."

wow

Don't smoke marijuana but wouldn't consider it a narcotic. Alcohol and cigarettes are much more dangerous.

Jackie

OK...Everything is addictive. TMZ you're addicted to so called pointless "Stars"

Truth

WELL, LOOKY HERE... CHECK THIS OUT. VH1 BEHIND THE MUSIC ON NEW EDITION. BOBBY ADMITS TO COKE, DRINK, DRUGS, AND PARTYING. BOBBY'S LYING ASS. PEEP THE FOOTAGE AT @6:35. http://youtu.be/lzaDnEkCHEA #TRUTH!!

bullshit

Give it rest TMZ. Leave the man alone damn

shelly

Cannabis is not a narcotic, it is a non toxic plant that cures cancer. Toxicity is 40,000 to 1 and the lethal dose is 1500 lbs. consumed in under 15 min, so obviously there has never been a death in over 5,000 yrs of recorded history of cannabis use. It is only illegal because it will put the cancer industry out of business. 60 days of cannabis oil, the Rick Simpson Oil will cure terminal cancer, cannabis oil on a bandage will cure skin cancer in less than 1 week. The US govt has known thc and cannabis cures cancer since the 1974 Harvard study. Currently the US govt. medical library PUBMED.com has over 600 published peer reviewed studies proving cannabinoids cure cancer. And the US govt has a patent on cannabis as a neuroprotectant, awarded to US govt in 2003, neuroprotectant meaning it protects the brain, it also prevents alzheimers.

John

Cannabis isn't a narcotic by modern standards. The standards set by the US government are an absolute fallacy; and they deliberately fabricate symptoms, deny its medical benefits outright, and actively suppress its use in order to continue to fund anti-drug agencies, manipulate crime statistics, and continue to accept campaign contribution from domestic pharmaceutical companies. While I have no interest or love of Bobby Brown, I just wanted to get the truth out there. If you don't believe me, educate yourself by reading this article: http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

tmzfan

They both were on drugs before they met, they are both responsible for their own choices, and they both have made alot of mistakes in life. Why say not me, when they clearly are both at fault for their OWN decisions.

haskel420

IT WAS JOEY COCO DIAZ..!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments