'Bold and Beautiful' Star

Yup, I'm a Lesbian

5/14/2012 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0314_joanna-johnson_GETTY
"The Bold and the Beautiful" star Joanna Johnson -- who plays a closeted lesbian on the soap opera -- is now coming out in real life ... saying she's gay too.

Joanna opened up in a recent interview with TV Guide Magazine, saying "I'm here. I'm queer. And I'm just getting used to it."

Joanna tells the magazine, "When I realized I was gay in my early twenties we didn't have role models like Ellen. I'm not anywhere near as famous as those ladies, but I guess it's my turn to do my little part. It's time to live a fully authentic life."

As for fan reaction -- Joanna said, "I would be very sad and hurt if the B&B fans were disappointed I'm a lesbian, or somehow feel betrayed that I kept it secret."

Joanna and her wife Michelle have been together for nine years. They married in 2008. This is the first time Joanna's made a public statement about her sexuality.

icantbelieveitsnotbutter

That side can keep her. Nothing special there.

Brad

Oh for crying out loud. Is everyone a lesbian?

Pimpcessa

She's been married to a woman for 4 friggin years, and doesn't consider that "coming out"? Maybe nobody cared Johanna...

lissabirdie

Just curious. How does one "realize" she is gay in her early 20's. I thought you were born this way.

Mary

I watch the bold and the beautiful, who does she play on the show? I don't reconize her.

lanie

No clue who she is.. but uh, congrats?

Meg

Good for her!

Denan Strong

Yawn. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

WFC (Who Frickin Cares).....

jon

so it took her 4 years of marriage to a woman, and 9 years of carpet munching to realize she's a dyche?

Joey

She couldn't be straight with a Face like that . Only another fur trader would like it

Dennis Johnson

Gay people get over it we do not care if you are Queer as long as you and the rest of the world are good people.........that's all we care about.

Bo

TMZ, so what is the big news... so she is a lesbian, if she was straight would you be making a big announcement? Gees.. get a life people.

CLINT

I keep hearing that you were born gay and only can be turned out for sexual reasons. But it seems as if what I call the gaying up of America is in full swing. I actually don't have a problem with gay people. as long as their agenda isn't pushed on me, but every day I see in the entertainment industry and on tv that the gay agenda is more and more being pushed on the children and teens who feel, whether they are gay or not, is something that can be tried without any regard to their own beliefs. That is called experimenting, and if one becomes gay because of the sexual nature of these tryouts, then being born gay is not the only way. Whether you think it is right or wrong is simply an opinion, and if you want, you too can become gay. All you have to do is drop your panties and get busy with someone who has the same plumbing as you. You don't have to be born that way anymore.

TxGal

Yep, had no idea who she is. Yep, could not care less that she's a lesbian. I just can't figure out why these people think we want to know who they sleep with.

KnuckleDragger

Holy Krap! Somebody grab an oil can...I think we're gonna need to grease the closet door hinges. In fact, I'm gonna check and see if I'm gay. I'm not too clear on that test...anybody?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments