'Bold and Beautiful' Star

Yup, I'm a Lesbian

5/14/2012 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0314_joanna-johnson_GETTY
"The Bold and the Beautiful" star Joanna Johnson -- who plays a closeted lesbian on the soap opera -- is now coming out in real life ... saying she's gay too.

Joanna opened up in a recent interview with TV Guide Magazine, saying "I'm here. I'm queer. And I'm just getting used to it."

Joanna tells the magazine, "When I realized I was gay in my early twenties we didn't have role models like Ellen. I'm not anywhere near as famous as those ladies, but I guess it's my turn to do my little part. It's time to live a fully authentic life."

As for fan reaction -- Joanna said, "I would be very sad and hurt if the B&B fans were disappointed I'm a lesbian, or somehow feel betrayed that I kept it secret."

Joanna and her wife Michelle have been together for nine years. They married in 2008. This is the first time Joanna's made a public statement about her sexuality.

RonRon

Notice Obama's poll numbers have went down since he basically came out. I know this is a shock to TMZ and the rest of Hollywood but the gay lifestyle is still not accepted.

Toilethead

If she had my eight inches she'd turn straight in a heart beat.

Tesla_Consulting

This is why celebrities are always depressed. Hollywood knew but not "the public". U can suck it lady.

Tesla_Consulting

Gay marriage should be legal AND prostitution should be decriminalized.

Robert

So basically, she is saying Gay people in Hollywood kept her in the closet for 25+ years using her "fans" as an excuse because she was fearful of their reactions?

krazypenguin

could you find a worse pic?

Christina

Seriously, a lot of you are claiming to watch B&B and yet you don't recognize Joanna Johnson? I don't even watch the freakin' show! She only played CAROLINE SPENCER, Ridge's first wife - you know, the girl whose engagement party he first met Brooke working at? She now plays Caroline's twin Karen but only appears sporadically. "Soap fans" my a**!

Becki

She's Karen Spencer on the Bold & The Beautiful. It was Karen's sister Caroline who was married to Ridge before he married Brooke. Karen dated Thorne. It took her this long to come out?? She's been married to another woman for 4 years and together 5 years before they got married and she's just coming out now???? WOW! LOL

Hadrada

God, everyone is these days- hasn't the fad passed?

HG

who cares?

Mio

Ya but isn't every woman a lesbian though?

Justinishulk

Good for her... so i don't care...simply as that

jim

Why is it that gay people have to tell everyone they are gay ???? straight people dont go around telling people of there situations . Seem kinda off base does nt it......................

Crispy Bacon

So she married a woman in 2008 and no one had ANY clue she was a lesbian??

parlayer

This proves the "Size dosen't mater"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments