Ex-Fleetwood Mac Member

Commits Suicide

6/7/2012 2:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0607_bob_welch_fleetwood_mac
A former member of the iconic rock band Fleetwood Mac was found dead at his Nashville home today after shooting himself -- this according to Nashville Police.

66-year-old Bob Welch's body was found by his wife around noon. According to police, Bob shot himself in the chest.

Police say Welch -- who had health issues recently -- left a suicide note.

Welch was a guitarist and vocalist for Fleetwood Mac from 1971 to 1974. He formed the British rock group Paris in 1976, and had hits including "Sentimental Lady" and "Ebony Eyes."

Cricket

How sad. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

MrHarrybawls2010

In his suicide note, he said he couldn't take any more stories on lindsay lohan on TMZ.

intothearena

That is really sad how musicians who are now older with health problems can't handle life anymore. Really sad. I know from having problems with my health that it can really beat you down. But that's sad when they don't want to talk about it with loved ones and good good friends. RIP Bob...He's up there with Ronnie Montrose now...

whatevs

R.I.P, Bob. You were AMAZING in concert when I saw you at Colorado Sunday #2 in Boulder Colorado with Poco, The Doobie Brothers and Boston. Hot Love, Cold World was the most Kick-Ass song of the whole day for me! (and yes, I was trippin' hard :-)

karlew

Wouldn't say Bob was exactly an icon but he's yet another small part of my youth gone. R.I.P.

Matthew

Shoot who wants to live in this world!!! I am thinking of doing the same exact thing!!! This world has gone to hell! I hate the fact I am alive, I pray for death every single day and night of my life! The only thing I am hanging on to is my wifes love!

anony

Easy listening stations all over the country should be flying their flags at half staff.

CN

Growing old is a bitch. RIP Bob and thanks for the great music.

YouDontSay

So sorry.

buzz kill

That sucks! R.I.P.

Criss

It sucks that it apparently got to the point where he felt he had no other options.

james

RIP Bob Welch, We worked with his sister in 1979 in the studio in La. Sad, My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

kagyvt

Well he definitely went his own way, that's for sure.

Too soon?

RIP

K

His wife is going to be suspect if a police investigation ensues.

DaveT

Very sad when someone commits suicide. Feel bad for him, and his friends and family.
Boys and men kill themselves at 4 times the rate of girls and women.
Boys and men are taught to repress their emotions, hold it in, and called..."sissies"..."wimps"..."babies"...if they express their pain, sorrow, heartache.
Feminist society encourages this invalidation of boy's and men's feelings by insisting that women have it worse and encouraging society to ignore boy's and men's issues and instead put all their energy into feeling sorry for women.
Likewise feminism encourages society to ignore boy's and men's accomplishments, and men's contributions to society including the safety net men provide to women in day to day life through men's natural intuition to protect child and mother.
This leaves a lot of boys and men in a state of despair, feeling no relief in ability to express pain, feeling no worth in life, feeling their mistakes are highlighted while their contributions are ignored.
Feeling the only way out of the overwhelming pain is to end it.
It's not the only way though...a better way is to battle the sexist feminism head-on and leave it behind on the battlefield, gasping for it's last breath as it kicks it's dying legs to no success.
Mensactivism dot com