Bieber Sued for $9 Mil

Screaming Fans

Destroyed My Ears!!

7/13/2012 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0712_justin_bieber_document_launchJustin Bieber's live show is painful to listen to ... so says an Oregon woman who claims she was hit with a "sound blast" at one of his concerts that  left her with permanent ear damage.

According to the suit, Stacey Wilson Betts took her daughter to see Bieber's show in Portland, Oregon on July 14, 2010.

Betts claims it was incredibly loud inside the arena thanks to Justin's shrieking fans ... but Bieber made it MUCH MUCH WORSE when he climbed into a "heart-shaped aluminum/steel gondola" which was pulled out into the crowd (below).

In the suit, Betts claims Bieber "created a wave like effect of screaming by pointing into various sections of the arena. Then enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion."

Betts says the gondola acted as a "sound conductor creating a sound blast that permanently damaged both of my ears."

As a result, Betts claims she now suffers from tinnitus ... which causes a constant pulsing, whooshing shound that makes it hard to sleep. She also complains of other hearing-related damage.

She's suing Bieber -- along with Bieb's record label, the concert promoter and the arena -- and demanding $9.23 million in damages.

We reached out to Bieber for comment -- so far, no word back.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

DaveT

Haha welcome to the live concert...it's supposed to leave you half deaf for a week :D

Pudding Tang

SAY WHAT?....... HUH..... WHAT DID YOU SAY?

lmfao

Women will do anything for money

jeff

beiber concert=earplugs. What's the beib supposed to do? "Quiet down everybody, quiet down, keep it down."At a live concert.

FresnoBullpup

What did she think would happen at a concert with several thousand screaming kids? I work at a venue that hosts shows just like this, there are these neat little things that I wear called ear plugs - they cost almost nothing and keep your hearing healthy (and also keep you from going insane listening to crowds like this).

Nostradamus

Girl should be glad she didn't grow back in the day when bands like the Who were on top.
Now THOSE were loud concerts.
(google or wiki it)

Aminona

LOL!, for a week! , not for 2 years! .... lady what take you so long! :S

Tess

Oh please. Maybe she should pay to sue each individual teeny bopper. They're the ones who shriek. She sounds like someone who doesn't want to take personal responsibility for her own decisions.

dreamon

Is she claiming he knocked her up, too?

michael

Yea, it's a waste of court time but I just don't like this guy, I hope she takes all his money.

I Was About To Say

Apparently she NEVER HEARD of earplugs, her own fault.

JFC10

I think it was the music. Listing to that crap will leave anyone death.

BellaJ

This is outrageous! People will literally sue celebrities for anything. I hope she gets laughed out of the courtroom and has to pay for Justin's legal fees.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

The only thing she's gonna win is her 15 minutes of fame. Although, I do hope she wins. But that would be a stretch.

EggsOverEasy

He seems like a nice enough whore.., I mean product.. I mean shill.. wait i mean kid. Proof once again of the love America has for mediocrity and paying too much for poorly made sh*t that it doesn't need.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments