Bieber Sued for $9 Mil

Screaming Fans

Destroyed My Ears!!

7/13/2012 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0712_justin_bieber_document_launchJustin Bieber's live show is painful to listen to ... so says an Oregon woman who claims she was hit with a "sound blast" at one of his concerts that  left her with permanent ear damage.

According to the suit, Stacey Wilson Betts took her daughter to see Bieber's show in Portland, Oregon on July 14, 2010.

Betts claims it was incredibly loud inside the arena thanks to Justin's shrieking fans ... but Bieber made it MUCH MUCH WORSE when he climbed into a "heart-shaped aluminum/steel gondola" which was pulled out into the crowd (below).

In the suit, Betts claims Bieber "created a wave like effect of screaming by pointing into various sections of the arena. Then enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion."

Betts says the gondola acted as a "sound conductor creating a sound blast that permanently damaged both of my ears."

As a result, Betts claims she now suffers from tinnitus ... which causes a constant pulsing, whooshing shound that makes it hard to sleep. She also complains of other hearing-related damage.

She's suing Bieber -- along with Bieb's record label, the concert promoter and the arena -- and demanding $9.23 million in damages.

We reached out to Bieber for comment -- so far, no word back.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

Wesley T

SHe SHoulD'Ve tAKen eaR PluGs...Its TeenY bOPPEr JuSTin BIEbER!!!!...WhAt?...She ExpECTed tHingS TO Be Like AN AdELe cOncErT?....plEaSE....

Eric

Please biotch have you NOT been to a concert. That is so what you get . Get a grip on reality Stacy Betts 9.23 $million oh please by a stick of gum pop your ears and have a midol.

Hardless Winch

Haha this is nuts! Seems to me like a money-hungry and greedy old woman.

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

Every concert ticket I've bought (or sold) since the late 80ies had a legal disclaimer about possible damages to your hearing in fine print on the bottom of the front side or on the back side right next to the "no recording devices, cameras etc." stuff. Case dismissed! Next!

mscactus

Well lady I sympathise with you although it was stupid to even go to a concert without some sort of hearing protection. I have had the same condition for over 2 years and have been told it is unlikely to ever improve. No mine was not from any rock concert but from a a loud crackly sound, followed 2 months later by a loud bang sound coming through my headset at work. Good luck with suing .. I'm still trying to just get workers compensation. :(

lanam

i wish that bieber would just go away -- enuff already! he is always in the tabloids now - he is nothing but a attention whore -- run selena run, you have so many young hollywood guys who would love n respect u - u have now become bieber's girlfriend - u don't want that title bc u are too talented yourself.. bieber is a big ass crybaby again his antics are getting old..

Dan Zee

I want to thank the middle-aged usher at the Kesha concert in Boston last year for giving me some ear plugs or else I might have ended up like this lady!

Wicked good, bub...

Truly, this is what is wrong with America... So sad... From what I remember, it started with McDonalds having to put, "Caution, Hot" on their 'hot' coffee because they, too, were sued for someone burning themselves.. I'm moving to a camp in the woods... Good luck, everyone...

Selena

have anyone seen her picture of herself ' Stacy Wilson Betts ' ? i kind of seen herself as a Oregon black woman . She wants money, mother****er . That's all I can say . she's is one dummy that needs cash from a celeb :P

DasKi

Suing JB for something like that at a concert is like going to a Metal concert and suing the band for getting hurt while in a mosh pit.
that's ****in' retarded. you get hurt, you won't die......god forbid.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13