'Batman' Massacre

Victim Had Avoided

Mall Shooting Last Month

7/20/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Redfield
One of the 12 people shot and killed in the "Dark Knight Rises" massacre in Colorado this morning had narrowly avoided a shooting spree in a Toronto mall last month.

Jessica Redfield -- who was an aspiring sportscaster -- posted a blog entry on June 5, detailing how she left the mall minutes before a gunman opened fire inside the food court.

On her blog, "A Run of Thoughts," Redfield says she initially wanted to get sushi ... but changed her mind at the last minute and got a "greasy burger" instead. The time on her receipt read 6:20 PM.

Redfield says, for no apparent reason, she decided to go outside and get some fresh air.

At 6:23 ... gunfire rang out inside the food court. One person was killed.

Jessica had written, "Had I had sushi, I would’ve been in the same place where one of the victims was found."

Last night, Redfield tweeted about how excited she was to see the new Batman movie ... and jokingly bragged about having to "coerce a guy" into accompanying her to the midnight showing.

Redfield posted her last tweet right before the flick ... writing, "MOVIE DOESN'T START FOR 20 MINUTES."

Due to the deranged actions of a 24-year-old psychopath, it was Redfield's final tweet.

Jessica

Final destination?

OD21OD210

Her name is Jessica Ghawi , she was an intern for FOX SAN ANTONIO, she had just moved up there about a year ago.

sarah

The shooting in toronto at the mall was all the fault of some lame ass judge who let him out on probation. He had even said he was going to go out and shoot some people. Despite the crown opposing his release, the judge realeased him. So the fact is many nut cases are been released into the public despite the danger they pose.

unicorn40

Final Destination...the movie was my first thought when i read that too. Thats way to odd missing the shooting here in Toronto by 3 min. and getting murdered in this shooting spree. My Thoughts and Prayers go out to the Victims and their Families.

Ashlyn

So sad. What the f*ck is wrong with some people? Who the f*ck is this psycho to take so many innocent peoples lives? It makes me so mad. It's pretty bad when it's not even safe to go to the movies any more. I hope this deranged maggot gets the harshest punishment possible. R.I.P to this lovely girl and all the others. My thoughts are with everyone who has been affected by this horrible crime.

Ashlyn

Also, some people are saying this is like the movie Final Destination. How so? People getting murdered is nothing like "death" coming after people in the form of freak accidents.

Detective. LaToya

Yes this is some Final Destination sh!t! This just gets weird and weirder! RIP.

Sherms

So chilling

Please!!!

I was there at the Toronto eaten centre shooting I left from the food court because it was jam pack with people 2 mints later I hear a sound like fire cork but I keeped walking to the exit door of course you have to use the escalator to go to the exit door up stairs, people were scramming @ me move someone is use a gun so I run out.

myopinion

WOW...

Katy

Two people died as a result of the Eaton Centre shooting in Toronto.

j

This father tells of his son who was shot. He was there with this girl. He tells how his son tells how half of her face was shot off. really sad. Listen to the dad:

Terrible and graphic:

j

Terrible recounting of her face being shot off.

Terrible and graphic:

***

here is his picture(the friend who lived and told of her face)

LCS27

she's hot. I would do her

furby101

I was waiting in line for the mid-night premiere when I had this strange felling that reminded me of a Final Destination film. I turned to my brother and told him(just jokingly)," Doesn't it feel like a Final Destination movie, it would be scary if something happened". Now that every one is referencing the FD films to this tragic death, I wonder if I was given a hint as to what was to come in a way.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments