'Batman' Massacre

Victim Had Avoided

Mall Shooting Last Month

7/20/2012 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Redfield
One of the 12 people shot and killed in the "Dark Knight Rises" massacre in Colorado this morning had narrowly avoided a shooting spree in a Toronto mall last month.

Jessica Redfield -- who was an aspiring sportscaster -- posted a blog entry on June 5, detailing how she left the mall minutes before a gunman opened fire inside the food court.

On her blog, "A Run of Thoughts," Redfield says she initially wanted to get sushi ... but changed her mind at the last minute and got a "greasy burger" instead. The time on her receipt read 6:20 PM.

Redfield says, for no apparent reason, she decided to go outside and get some fresh air.

At 6:23 ... gunfire rang out inside the food court. One person was killed.

Jessica had written, "Had I had sushi, I would’ve been in the same place where one of the victims was found."

Last night, Redfield tweeted about how excited she was to see the new Batman movie ... and jokingly bragged about having to "coerce a guy" into accompanying her to the midnight showing.

Redfield posted her last tweet right before the flick ... writing, "MOVIE DOESN'T START FOR 20 MINUTES."

Due to the deranged actions of a 24-year-old psychopath, it was Redfield's final tweet.

Angelina

I think its pretty premature from a scientific standpoint to call this guy a psychopath.

BrainFever

I don't know why some people think it's so cool. I mean yeah, if you wanna be all deep about it and ****, it was obviously her time, fate alone decided when it was time to go but seriously? Why act like it was a COOL thing talking about "Final Destination" and ****? You're just as deranged as the mother****er who shot her up and it makes me sick. Regardless, it is a sad way to go through your life, dodging death and meeting it once again, only to come to your knees. My heart goes out to the innocent lives raped of the "Reaper" that is "James Holmes". **** him and anybody who thinks it's cool to kill people for no reason.

aaliyah

DAMN

cherries

although grossly exaggerated by the media to tell a story still TRAGIC story that may not have been told otherwise

TheRodster21

Creepy final destination but it's sad

Christina Smythe

I just want to send my thoughts and prayers to the family of the victims. My heart goes out to you. Someone created a memorial page for these victims on Evertalk within Facebook. There is a memorial fund on this page and people can donate to help the families of the victims of this terrible tragedy. Here's the page.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4