Katherine Jackson

I Wasn't Kidnapped

... I Just Needed a Break

7/25/2012 4:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0725_katherine_jackson_tmzKatherine Jackson has finally broken her silence ... claiming the reason she hasn't checked in with her grandkids for the past 10 days is because she simply didn't feel like using the phone.

She also sounds like she's full of crap.

Jackson just finished up an on-camera interview with "ABC News" ... and talked about the family drama that's transpired since she mysteriously ditched MJ's kids 10 days ago ... and wound up in Arizona.

"There are rumors going around about me that I have been kidnapped," Jackson said ... adding, "I am here today to let everybody to know that I am good and fine."

"My children would never do anything to me like that."

Sure they wouldn't ...

When asked why she felt it was OK to leave 3 minor children in a house without a guardian .. Katherine explained she just felt like taking a "short vacation."

"One reason I didn't call is I just gave up my phone and I didn't want to have any phone calls while I was here."

It's unclear why she didn't TELL HER GRANDKIDS FIRST!

Still, Katherine says ... "I am devastated that while I've been away, my grandchildren have been taken away from me, and I'm coming home."

So, we gotta ask ..

Ruthie

Uh if she really thinks what she did is okay its a good that TJ has custody and should keep it!

Jordan

It sounds like Kathrine is not happy with $70,000 month and wants more and here and her kids made up this story to get more money so she can distribute millions of dollars of michaels money to her untalented broke A$$ children that Michael wanted nothing to do with or he would have left them money also.

cherokeesky34

For a woman who has lived her entire lives, for her children..... and then her grand babies... I find it rather alarming that she so casually says she just wanted a vacation and no contact with those grandchildren with whom she is in charge of. Sure, ok, she left them with a "sitter" but STILL... this does NOT sound like the totally devoted mother / grandmother we have all known her to be forever. Now I really am wondering if she's had a mini stroke or possibly medicated up and also covering her children's a$$es to try to salvage what is left of their careers. ( sorry KJ, I'm afraid you're a little late on that one if it's the case ).

Sandi

This woman is not fit to care for herself let alone those three kids.

They are better off with someone that doesn't just pick and and go on a whim without giving a word to the ones she is responsible for.

She doesn't seem to be very concerned about what was happening to the kids in her absence.

Meggie24

My heart doesn't go out to Katherine at all. The grandkids, yes. Her, no.

This is the woman who allowed her own children to be abused & beaten by her husband, who let her children's childhoods be stolen by her husband's greed for fame & money and now decides to just take off because she wanted a break, leaving 3 minors without a guardian.

The best way to measure the success of a parent is to look at their kids and Katherine raised some of the greediest, freakiest children on the planet.

Looks like a little bit of karma is coming back on grandma.

jeannie

How is it going to sound ? "Oh judge, I needed a little vacation. Didn't realize I needed to explain to minor children in my care that I was leaving. Me bad "....Judge may not be so ready to hand the kids back to her

Touche

What A Crock Of Crap...She's senile if she thinks she can just take a mini vacation and not even talk to the very kids she's Guardian of...Shame on her for lying to protect the dirtbags and not her so-called Grandchildren...she doesn't deserve them...obviously they love her more than she cares about them...

Newdaysameoldstuff

If she did not feel like using the phone to call her grand kids, why was she calling early in a.m.? to her home to fire her security team, etc. This lady is full of crap and I hope Michael's kids are not returned to her.

NYCJB

I don't know why people believe that this woman is so damn controllable. All of her children have been messed up mentally, and emotionally. Do you fools really believe that it was all Joe Jackson's fault, and that she shares no blame. She has never been this docile being people tried to make her out to be. TMZ, go take a nap too, because you all have ran this damn story into the ground.

MiMi

I hate all the Jacksons,epically the dead pervert Michael,the gay pedophile who started this mess.

What I Think

I just saw (again) the photo of the birthday party from years ago at which the two oldest boys there appeared topless. I wonder who decided they attend that way. Wink...Wink.

JiLL1

So she just didn't 'feel like" calling the 3 minor children she is guardian of. That sounds bad

Wndy

when you are parenting - you can't take a ten day break of three chlidren under the age of 16! Time to find an alternative caregiver!

MiMi

Total B S

Italia

Sounds like the first thing on her mind is getting her Guardianship back, and I hope she doesn't. I hope the Judge views her "decision" to effective admit to abandoning the kids as unacceptable and to have unnecessary strife on the children. Even Trent called in a missing person report. Absolutely unacceptable behavior and I hope TJ keeps the kids since that's where the kids want to be.