'Modern Family' Cast

Drops Lawsuit ...

We're Back In!

7/28/2012 4:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0728_ABC_modern_family
Producers for "Modern Family" settled their dispute with several key cast members the same way every American family does ... throwing a bunch of $$$ at them, and now thanks to some major pay raises, everyone's getting back to work.

The cast members -- Ty Burrell, Julie Bowen, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet and Sofia Vergara -- officially dropped their lawsuit against the ABC show, after coming to an agreement with the show's producers over their salaries.

If you recall -- the adult cast members (minus Ed O'Neil) were upset over their contract negotiations --  they were holding out for a reported $200k per episode, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The tryst with the show's producers resulted in the cast taking legal action to get out of their contracts altogether and halted production after a recent table read was cancelled.

All that's behind them now, THR reports that the show's producers and the hold-out cast members settled around $175k per episode ... with the cast taking a cut of the show's profits as well. Their salaries will shoot up to around $350k an episode by the show's 8th season.

In exchange for the cash increase, the cast members extended their terms with "Modern" to 8 seasons, rather than the original 7, THR reports.

The co-creator of "Modern Family" Steve Levitan, told THR, "I'm of course thrilled and I cannot wait to get on stage Monday morning and start making the show again."

Deb

Some very attractive females on that show.

Sue

The show's OK, though now less appealing after their greed took over.

jeezlouise

The "Free stuff for everyone that ever had a problem" network wont be satisfied until they show 2 men having oral sex on camera while their maid is showered with a new house and a brand new Escalade- Thats ABC's America- Everyone is gay and everything is free...

christy

I really liked this show but this really puts a sour taste in my mouth. I might not return next season. I do not like greedy people. They basically said I do not care if we have a legal contract you give me what I want or we will ruin your show. I do not like that stuff. I am also sick of these actors or normal jobs acting like just because a company makes some money it doesnt mean you should get more. You were hired at a wage and aside from normal raises you do not deserve more.

StarFleetVeteran

Knowing what a bunch of greedy SOBs these people are, I won't be watching it again. Screw them.

StevenB

We need to get the writer of this story a dictionary. "Tryst" doesn't mean what he thinks it means.

delightfullydelusional

Awesome, people who are overpaid to pretend for a living.

RO

Love Modern Fam... hilarious!!! new terms are cool... cast should've stuck wit 7 season & re-up on 8 for more $$$ & bk end %. ABC got em by the nut sack there. Bet u $$$ Ed O'Neal re-up after 100 episodes & 5 seasons. That's the only way to do it baby!!! GET MONEY!!! Go

Butterfly

I'M WITH STATIC!!! I have not watched the show nor, do I intend to. Our country is in shambles, our citizens have lost their homes, children are going to bed crying softly into their pillows so their parents won't hear, parents are desperate worrying where their next dollar will be coming from, and these SELFISH, SELF ABSORBED, COMPLETELY DETACHED FROM THE REAL WORLD, have no conscience demanding MORE, AND MORE, AND MORE GREENBACKS, just because they are so conceited they feel special and entitled. I have news for this repulsive bunch of nothings, YOU ARE NOT WORTH IT, GET IT??? You people are LESS THAN HUMAN and SHAME ON THE PRODUCERS FOR GIVING IN TO YOUR OUTRAGEOUS DEMANDS. Here's a suggestion, if you DARE, take time from your VERY IMPORTANT EXISTENCE and stroll over the US Unemployment lines and ask THEM how they are doing all the while bragging and throwing your GOOD NEWS into their faces. THAT should take you home for many nights of PEACEFUL SLEEP with NIGHTMARES!!! I DON'T KNOW OF ANY OTHERS WHO DESERVE IT MORE THAN, YOU!!!

55vineyard

I have not watched the show but do not watch much TV except for this past week when my PC crashed and was in for repair and most of the stuff I watched was daytime or early evening aka Jeopardy, etc. I have never heard of any of these people except Sofia Vergara.

God-Of-Lyf

Looking forward to a year from now when they gain 2-3 more viewers and think they are worth twice as much as they ain't now. I hope it goes down in flames. Never seen it myself and don't plan to. Despite being a huge Ed O'Neil fan! [Booty time, booty time, cross the U S A; Booty time, booty time, HEY...HEY...HEY]...

thomas

Contracts mean nothing to these people; they are driven by greed plain and simple. I've watched it a few times, but didn't think it was that great.

ohreally

Is this show even good?

whohimhehot

Two things...glad they have the cute Lily in the photo above and this show is PHENOMENAL. They deserved pay raises, and I'm glad they got them. The reason the producers gave them more money was because they recognized what a great cast they have.

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

Ummm...

The Moron Zone!

And about "greedy actors": If you were good enough at your job to become irreplacable for your employer, who makes millions off of your work, you would want a fair share of the pie, too. Supply and demand. If you don't like it - move to North Korea!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2