Peter Frampton

Injured in Car Wreck --

Blames 'Texting Woman'

7/31/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0731_peter_frampton_article_tmzRock legend Peter Frampton was injured in a car accident earlier today ... and claims it's all because some "woman driver" was texting behind the wheel instead of watching the road.

Frampton vented about the situation on his Twitter page a few hours ago ... explaining, "Texting woman driver just ran into back of me while I was stationary in traffic 101 freeway."

He added, "Can u say whiplash? People put the phones down!"

The 62-year-old claims he sustained injuries to his neck and back ... and says he plans to go to the hospital later today ... after a flight.

FYI -- texting and driving is now illegal in California ... and violators are subject to some serious fines.

tamara

omg that happened to me. Stopped at a light and a car was coming fast with the driver looking down texting. I floored it into the curb.
Hope he's okay and brings more attention to these texting airheads :)

scoopie

do you, you .. feel like I do?

Gary Kunich

My son was killed by a driver on a cell phone. I'm grateful Peter is OK, but I hope people listen to him. People on cell phones -- even hands-free devices -- are 4X more likely to be in an accident within five minutes of making or taking a call. Texters are 23X more likely. Please save a life, hang up and drive. I don't want anyone to endure the tragedy my family and I have been living this last year.

kitty

Next song, "Texting Woman" Get better Peter, you deserve, WE, deserve better than that! DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE!!!!

myopinion

Texting and driving is dangerous people have to realize a text is not that important you could kill yourself or others.

realistic_01

She was texting, "Hey, I'm following Peter Frampton ... whoops!"

buzz kill

What happened to his hair?

Barbara

If in pain, why is he carrying that big ass guitar on his shoulder

The Neko Nation

Until they make the laws more harsh for stupid bitches who text while driving the dumb whores will continue to do it. These aholes don't care if they harm or kill someone just so they can text like fools.

The Neko Nation

Penny

I hope he sues her a$$!!

Woot

Hard to believe this man I lusted after at Day on the Green in the 70s is 62! Christ, I'm old.

Do You Feel Like I Do?

DaisyMaeFlower

Texting and driving is wrong. I was hit by a MAN driver doing the same thing! If fact most accidents are caused by MAN drivers, look up any insurance statistics, it's why insurance rates are higher for men. Thank God he didn't get in an accident with a MAN driver, it probably would have been worse. Oh well glad the old DUDE rocker rocker is still doing good!!! And aging pretty well--for a man!

jlg

Oooh baby, I love your way....everyday

Northerngirl41

Texting behind the wheel makes you a criminal. It will catch up to you...it is just a numbers game. Eventually your number will come up when you hurt or kill someone or yourself. Make sure you get license plates of people you see texting and call them in!!! They will get a knock on their front door by the police.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments