Janet Jackson

Did Not Slap or Verbally Abuse Paris Jackson

8/1/2012 9:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0801_janet_paris-jackson
Janet Jackson did not slap or verbally abuse Paris Jackson during a confrontation at the Jackson family home in Calabasas last week.

TMZ published a story last week based on sources who told us Janet went off on Michael Jackson's daughter after the singer tried to grab Paris' cell phone. We also reported Janet called Paris a "spoiled little bitch."

Although we believed the story to be true when we published it, we have now determined it was not correct ... Janet did not slap or otherwise touch Paris, nor did she verbally abuse her.

CSM WIFE

Oh you mean Janet Jackson lawyers threatened tmz. Just like kardashians damn near own tmz too.

Duh

TM

A little Jackson pressure on TMZ......Never seen ya back peddle like this before !

A.M.D

Hadn't realized Janet was as bad as the rest of them, poor MJ he thought the love was real. #tramp

IA guy

I’d just like to say that I’m appalled by what TMZ has done! I’m totally siding with Janet Jackson on this! If someone printed that I slapped someone and verbally abused them and it was false, I’d be kicking some serious ass! You DO NOT write an article stating the misinformation that they did. It’s 2012 and you do not throw words like slapped and abuse around without extreme caution! I feel bad for Janet because in the public’s eye, she is guilty Yes, we have all seen the tape of Janet trying to grab the phone away from Paris, but that’s just it, she grabbed for the phone. There was no slap or hit. If the world thinks that what Janet did to Paris was abuse, you are absolutely clueless as to what goes on in the real world.

Newdaysameoldstuff

From the video that I watched it was obvious that Janet and Randy were taunting Parish. Why else would Parish back away and rush into the house? I don’t care how much damage control Janet tries to do she is finished in my book. You can tell from the video that Janet was upset when talking with Jermaine. You can tell from her body language that she was furious. From now on I don’t want to listen to her music nor watched any TV shows she happens to be on. Janet should be ashamed of mistreating her brother’s kids. Their dad is dead and gone and it appears they have no one to turn to. It is my hope that after the Judge talks with the kids he will take custody from Katherine permanently. As long as she has custody of the kids they will continue to receive this type of treatment from their aunts and uncles. TMZ I think the information you reported from a private source was accurate. It is my opinion that after Janet and attorney(s) talked with the person that reported it the person recanted their statement.

Darknstoned

Whats wrong TMZ you got no BALLS

Newdaysameoldstuff

From the video that I watched it was obvious that Janet and Randy were taunting Paris. Why else would Paris back away and rush into the house? I don’t care how much damage control Janet tries to do she is finished in my book. You can tell from the video that Janet was upset when talking with Jermaine. You can tell from her body language that she was furious. From now on I don’t want to listen to her music nor watched any TV shows she happens to be on. Janet should be ashamed of mistreating her brother’s kids. Their dad is dead and gone and it appears they have no one to turn to. It is my hope that after the Judge talks with the kids he will take custody from Katherine permanently. As long as she has custody of the kids they will continue to receive this type of treatment from their aunts and uncles. TMZ I think the information you reported from a private source was accurate. It is my opinion that after Janet and attorney(s) talked with the person that reported it the person recanted their statement.

Marie

Too late for Janet. We all saw the tape. Janet did it to herself. Leave MJs kids alone.

God-Of-Lyf

Because there's no footage of her doing it, or because she really didn't do it...? Hmmmm...

Go Janet

If a normal 14-year-old had an adult try to take her phone after she tweeted personal family matters for all the world to see, no one would bat an eye. When it happens to Paris Jackson, everyone in America freaks out, brands Janet an angry black woman (despite her having no known history of violence and rage), and then starts littering the internet with defamatory statements about Janet and her siblings. It's despicable.

I, for one, am tired of Paris' drama. She seems like nothing more than a spoiled brat who constantly seeks attention and praise from her "fans" (who are really just her father's fans). The other day she told 26-year-old man to "know his place". She seems so arrogant, and all the attention the media and the public are giving her, is going to make her even more arrogant and attention hungry. She's a Kardashian in the making.

dan

Why is everyone all over Janet. These are 3 bratty kids that an 82 year old woman is responsible for. If that was my mom SHE would be my first priority too, not some brat tweeting everything to the world. Why are you all acting like Janet taking a phone away from her niece is bullying or the end of the world. It's called being the MATURE ADULT. Bunch of losers.

QueenS

EXACTLY what i have been saying from the start! Now everybody who called themselves defending paris against something that was never even done in the first place should feel stupid. Like i said before if Janet had put her hands on Paris she would have been CHARGED! This is all COMMON SENCE! People need to definitely start using more of it! As for TMZ its shocking that they admitted to their mistake. Even if most of their stories are accurate, they are still media and connot be trusted.

dan

You people defending Paris are pathetic. Bunch of obsessed Michael fans who defended his character during his trials but are so ready to judge Janet. Janet did the right thing. Her mom is 82 years old. You think she can really handle 3 minors? Michael was wrong by putting that responsbility on his mother at her age. If I'm Janet, my mom (not some kids adopted by Michael) come first. Oh, and for those of you who think there is one drop of blood of Michael's in those children, get real. He wanted white children and picked the donors and his ex-wife was the surrogate.

dan

You all right wing freaks on Janet's a** still can't get over the fact that she showed a little tit on TV. So you still have to find a way to punish her. So pathetic.

Melanie

Icegypsy,

What was released of the surveillance video showed the SUV's arriving in the driveway, then Prince and Paris getting out of the first one, seemingly initially unaware their relatives had arrived behind them, then being called over to them, the two kids walking over, greeting, hugging who appears to be Janet, and then Janet and Paris walking side by side towards the house. That whole part of the interaction took not more than a minute, probably less. Then Janet suddenly positions herself in front of Paris and raises her left hand abruptly, seemingly to try to get the phone, while holding her own cell phone in her right hand in a position that suggests she's recording Paris's response. Paris simply holds on to her phone and steps back. Janet makes another grab, Paris steps back again. Then Randy appears and scoots Janet away, while holding his own phone and recording but leaving an opening for Paris to walk into the house, which she does w/o speaking. My point here is that the whole interaction was quite brief, certainly not enough time to warrant Janet to escalate to the point of grabbing Paris's phone because she wasn't paying attention to her. No, in my opinion there was something more sinister going on with Janet and Randy. Actually, it appeared to me that Janet really didn't try that hard to get the phone. My guess the point of the positioning herself in front of Paris, grabbing at the phone while recording Paris was to provoke her to do something. Perhaps to take back to Arizona and show to Katherine. They clearly were telling her a bunch lies while keeping her out of touch with the kids. Prince mentioned this in his one tweet about the situation.