Clint Eastwood

Bumbles Through

Invisible Obama Schtick

8/31/2012 6:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

083112_eastwood_rnc_launch
Clint Eastwood brought down the partisan crowd at the RNC by stumbling through an 11-minute bit last night that was supposed to be painfully hysterical ... but might have been just painful.

The legendary actor/director got on stage and addressed an empty stool next to him, saying ... "I've got Mr. Obama sitting here. I just was gonna ask him a couple questions."

During the schtick 82-year-old Clint seemed confused at times as he critiqued the President's 4 years in office ... and set up punchlines like, "What do you want me to tell Romney? I can't tell him to do that. He can't do that to himself."

President Obama responded to the invisible routine this morning by tweeting a pic of the back of his chair with the message, "This seat's taken."

0831_obama_chair_twitter
No doubt, landing an icon like Eastwood to warm up the crowd for Mitt Romney was a coup for the GOP -- but still, we gotta ask ...

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

Barbara Hemingway

He was great! Only you lefties would find him anything else!

Teresa

I had to change the channel 'cause it was too painful to watch. I was suffering MAJOR embarrassment for him last night.

Michelle Nelson

WHY the **** is it funny that Oprah cried when Obama was elected? It is NOT ****ing funny. Holy crap - the GOP and Clint have LOST IT...racism is part of their platform...don't forget it for a minute...Oprah and everyone else who cried knew what an amazing night it was...a black man was elected...in our lifetime...and no matter how you feel about politics...THAT is a beautiful thing which showed progress...I'm disgusted by Mr. Eastwood and the GOP...SHAMEFUL!

Ric

I can see BIG EARS creeping out of that chair.

BeSerious

Considering his age and he did it without a prompter or notes, he did great. I got his humor, "I can't tell Romney to do that" and '"You are becoming like Biden," I got that. He was very funny. Sure, Clint was stuttering but he's still got it.

DMax

Everyone is posting comments and pictures about the empty chair that represented Obama during last nights speech at the RNC.The point that Clint Eastwood made was clear to me....That chair was empty bec of empty promises and empty hope, an empty presidency roll and the lack of a true president that this country deserves; And perhaps our empty pockets. It's time for a real president to step in and fix the economic **** hole that Obama continued to dig for this country.

Ingy53

I'm sorry, god bless!

Liz

Shouldn't the President have more important things to do than respond to every personal attack? I feel like that's all Obama does lately...

HumanNature

WHY NOT BLAME BUSH AND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!!!!

THEY HAD OVER 16 YEARS OF DOING MAJOR DAMAGE WITH THEIR "TRICKLE DOWN" EFFECT ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!!

Phishie from Philly

Anyone who makes a statement about not backing Obama is automatically classified as a racist. But in reality the accuser is the actual racist. Good day sir!
Phishie from Philly

AtlantaRicky

How about setting this to music -- Neil Diamond's "chair song"

HALO101st

It was a clever speech/skit that, as everyone knew it would, went completely over the heads of the little left-wing liberal losers.
Unless it is pie-in-the-face slapstick, the undereducated libbies will not get it.
Four more years! Four more years...ARE OVER, little libbies!

HALO101st

Is this Yahoo? It must be because comments that are against obama and pro conservative are censored and not printed.

cotoneloc

This is how I'll be expressing my political views this election season http://www.bustedtees.com/invisibleobama

j. Ziz

Why doesn't anybody get this? He was doing an homage to Jimmy Stewart, in HARVEY. Remember? Where Jimmy talked to a 6ft rabbit that no one else could see? And it was a pretty good Jimmy Stewart impression. Well played Clint!

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12