Khloe Kardashian

E! Is Stumbling Block

For Hosting 'X Factor'

9/19/2012 10:33 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0919_khloe_kardashian_xfactor_e_logo_articleKhloe Kardashian may actually be a little too popular for her own good ... because we've learned E! is throwing up roadblocks in the negotiations for Khloe to host "X Factor."

Multiple sources connected to the negotiations tell TMZ ... "X Factor" producers cannot sign Khloe to the show unless E! gives permission  -- exclusivity is part of the Kardashian's contract with the network.

We're told the problem isn't so much that E! doesn't want Khloe to do Simon Cowell's show ... it's that Khloe would have to promote the program by spending a lot of time doing interviews, social media and making appearances, and E! is worried it might dilute Khloe's impact on their reality shows and also create time conflicts.

One source directly connected with the negotiations tells TMZ ... it looks like both sides will reach an agreement and Khloe will be able to host "X Factor," but the source added, "I wouldn't bet my house on it."

We are told, in the event that Khloe's deal falls apart, they would probably pick Mario Lopez as the second choice, but "X Factor" has its sights set on Khloe as a single host.

0919_x_factor_season_one_footer_v2

LCS27

How in the hell Khloe is winning the poll while everyone is bashing her on the comments?

Oh, I forgot. Harvey is employee of the Kardashians...

tamara

Anyone except a KarTrashian will keep me watching the show.
Just make them disappear. gag

anon

BULL DUNG.. lol This is a PR attempt to cover up she didnt get the job period. They thought she had it in the bag & she doesn't. lol They went out on a limb thinking she had it locked & now have to backtrack. OF course TMZ is right up the dirtshoot with it too. All PR to make ya think there in such demand. What a joke

barcham

I have no interest in seeing either of them as host. I'd rather have some total unknown do the job.

wds

In reality, the only thing wrong with the poll was it needed a "none of them" choice. The stunt casting on A.I. and X-Factor has reached beyond the state of silly to absolute ridiculous .... sigh!! And just, think - they're making millions to be d-list celebrities telling folks what and what isn't talent ...

TJ

Magazine cover- Poor Bucky Beaver (Kourtney) struggles as a single parent in Miami.Scott gone.
She endorsed the article.
TOOFAB- loving cuddling photos of Bucky & Scott-so in love, in Miami. This family is so full of B.S and hypocrisy! Any scam to get attention & stay in the news. The public DOES NOT like to be lied to!

Denver

X factor people are forgetting one big thing. In order to hold a microphone the host will need opposable thumbs..

The Webb

I wonder if there is a Ryan Seacrest conspiracy... think about it... Seacrest works for E!, He's billed as a creator and producer of the Kardashian empire, and he host American Idol, competitor to The X Factor.
Plus he's like, really short.

The Webb

Plus he's like, really short.

ria

I see TMZ's messing with their own poll. There's no way Khloe is leading for Best host. 99% of the comments can't even stand her and her trashy family. TMZ working hard to keep the paychecks coming in, even messing with their polls. Just pathetic.

arale norimaki

no more kardashian please

it honey boo boo child

Kelly

Let's see, if she get's the hosting gig, then she really will have less time for Kimmie's shows. No Lamar either so Kim's show will go downhill even quicker. If she doesn't get it, she will finally realize that she has no life except to be a hanger on for her slutty sister. She may get frustrated, give up all this fake infertility bull****, get pregnant and quit the show. Seems like a win/win situation to me!

tal0822

Unless you're intentionally trying to ruin your show, why the heck would you hire any Kardashian, especially Khloe to be on a music show? I must have missed all of her talent in music. Unreal!!! I would be so p*ssed if I was auditioning on that show and I had HER trying to tell me I wasn't any good. Like, who the heck is she to being to that?

Gerri

Khloe? That tranny has no talent.

Adrien303

Wtf!!! Really? Not one host besides Carson ( and he was only a VJ in the 90's) have musical background or talent. It's not the Kardashians Krap it's the X-factor. Mario Lopez has no musical background either, and every host has to start somewhere. It's just a show that probably won't make any stars, she's not a judge she's just sending them to commercial and asking questions. The girl has done enough interviews to do that. If she doesn't workout or whoever, Simon will just fire them like Paula and Nicole and the forgetful host and the other chick. So who cares Khole, Slater does it matter to the viewers. Get mad at rapist and killers. Too much negative energy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments