Jon Bon Jovi

on Daughter's Drug Arrest

'We'll Get Through It'

11/21/2012 6:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

112112_bon_jovi_kttv

Jon Bon Jovi
has opened up about his daughter's drug overdose and arrest at her college in NY ... calling the incident a "tragedy" ... but insisting the family will get through the situation together.

TMZ broke the story ... Stephanie Bongiovi was arrested on Nov. 14 after cops responded to call about someone who had overdosed in a dorm room. When cops arrived, Steph was alive ... and eventually arrested for drug possession. The charges were later dropped.

Last night, Stephanie's famous father spoke about the incident with Fox 11's Courtney Friel ... saying simply, "Things happen."

He added, "This tragedy was something that I had to face too so we'll get through it. And people's warm wishes for my family and I have been really reassuring. So, we're good."

JBJ4ever

His daughter nearly died in an overdose, it is a tragedy for any parent. Try to put yourself in his shoes before judging him. Jon, your fans will always support you. God bless you.

amys

I still love him!! He is a father don't you remember

WASCOWEYWABBIT

I'm soooo happy Mr. BON JOVI is going to "get through it". My son DIED from a drug overdose last MAY. Mr. BON JOVI's words have been sooooo inspirational. I'm still trying to figure out how to "get though it". What a F***ED up society. BJ is a self absorbed idiot.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Well, thank god the charges were dropped. For a minute there, I thought she was gonna drop a dime on her dealer to get out of her predicament. Nice to know her drug dealer is safe.

rsmik

Poor little rich girl

Karen

No one should judge Jon. I'm sure Stephanie has two decent parents. You can be the best parent in the world,but you can't always help the choices your kids make. The important thing is they are together as a family. Many don't have that!

missnyfl

The charges were dropped. Hmmm. Yeah, I guess that's fair.

Jody

Love you as a singer dude, but this wasn't a tragedy….she didn't die.

krktoday

Parent's have no control over what a kid does after they leave home. This does not make Jon BonJovi a bad parent. He was never a drug user and he made many public announcement's to his young fan's that he didn't. If a kid goes off to college and experiment's with drug's it certainly doesn't mean she left a home full of uncaring parent's.

marilyn seevers

I PRAY for your child...I have been battling this with my daughter, 24, for eight years now. NO ONE understands unless they have walked in our shoes, not even family. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

marilyn seevers

I PRAY for your child and your family. I have been battling this with my beautiful daughter, 24, by myself for eight years. EVERY day I wake up and wonder if today is the day I will lose my child. I have battled the PILL MILLS, the SICK DOCTORS, etc. We are losing our young ones to these drugs. Please pray for my child. GOD BLESS YOU and your DAUGHTER!!

Nicole

jon get your kid into rehab where she belongs and don't brush this off or she'll be dead soon

Theresa

Prayers with you and your family and daughter at this time. You may be famous and awesome, but, your family are human beings with flaws and mistakes just like the 'real' people in the world. God Bless!

dee

my heart goes out to the family hope she has learned a valuable lesson and all goes good for her and the family

Rich

\John God bless you and your family. This road is bumpy but you will survive as well as your daughter.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments