Jodie Foster

You Be the Judge

1/14/2013 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0114_jodie_foster_pollsJodie Foster stopped the Golden Globes dead in its tracks with one of the most bizarre, rambling speeches EVER! So we gotta ask ...

`

Mary

I watched Jodie Foster's speech and I was amazed about the entire thing. I guess she was trying to come out, but was still afraid that by doing this she was no longer going to be working? I don't know, but that is what I got out of it. It is 2013 and to be gay is not a bad thing. I thought Jodie Foster may still be thinking that being gay is not a good thing and I feel sorry for her. She could have totally said "Yes I am gay, so what?" Instead she kind of hid it and said she was, but she isn't. Totally wrong.

Hot Farts

Jodi's speech made PERFECT sense to me. Every bit of it. Most people have known that she is gay for 25 years. The 'I'm single' comment was a joke referring to that fact. Her point was that ONLY the media insist on a public outing when someone is famous and to her it seemed ridiculous because she has always made it a known fact ...perhaps TMZ and their idiotic contemporaries are the only ones not in on the joke.

She made it a point to come with RDJ and Mel because she directed them and stuck by them when noone elwould and to her loyalty and compassion are everything as she stated in her speech.

You have to be over the age of 40 to realize that privacy used to exists as a way of life and was cherished and revered.

The rest was her spekaing of her mother who suffers from alzheimers and about the irony of being 50 and receiving a lifetime achievement award which is usually saved for those past age 65 but for the fact that she has literally been working longer than most at age 65.

She is an amazing person who is beyond well educated and has talent beond measure and a poetic mischievace streak which does not have to dumb itself down to those outside the loop

Hot Farts

well educated =understatement. Her schooling was at the Lycee Francais Los Angeles and then Yale receiving a degree in literature

Sara Sells Sea Shells

Way to accept the award gracefully, by sticking it to the fans that made you who you are, Jodie. You don't like the lack of privacy? Perhaps you're in the wrong business. Big time respect lost for her on this one.

And who cares if you're gay? Seriously no one cared.

Italia

That is the only thing that bothers me about gays, they ALWAYS have to talk about their "sexual orientation" which is the ONE think I really DON'T want to hear.
I guess that's what "coming out" is all about, telling everybody in TV Land your personal and private sexual business. YUCK!

Italia

If I actually HAD to hear someone's personal business, I wouldn't want to hear hers, and I think she should have kept everything she said to herself! She acted like she was making a pitch for more attention, instead of the opposite. "I'm single" basically means "anybody who wants me has a chance."

Straight Talkin Texan

I thought her speech was wonderful! She made me cry!

Ratings Needed

She came out in 2007. She birthed her 2 sons, donor unknown. RESEARCH your info!!!

WiddoMouse

I didn't know what she was talking about last night, and I'm not much clearer today. I thought she was having a mental breakdown on live TV. I saw people in the audience covering their mouths to hide gasps. I saw others weeping. So much drama should be put on the screen, not on a GG awards ceremony.

Doug Heffernam

You need a Who gives a **** box!

Truth Slayer

Jodie craves the cat. MEOW! Tay in the wind...

DahhTroll

proud to be moral-less?

I cant stand the SOUND of her voice

and she sounds in- sane.

crazy lesbo!

starz86

i thought she came out a long time ago????

JJ

I liked the part of her speech when she talked about her mother. Touching...

USArmy

Another hollywood self serving speech. You don't make comments like this and than say you want your privacy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments