« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

YES, I DOPED

1/18/2013 6:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

011713_lance_oprah_550x550
Lance Armstrong
just confessed ... EVERYTHING.

Lance admitted it all during his Oprah interview -- saying he took banned substances to enhance his cycling performances before all 7 of his Tour de France wins ... he blood doped ... he took testosterone ... EPO ... human growth hormone ... everything you can imagine.

Lance had denied the allegations for years -- and when Oprah asked why he came forward now, Lance replied, "I don't know that I have a great answer. I will start now by saying this is too late ... I view this situation as one big lie that I repeated a lot of times ... I am a flawed character."

He added, "I didn't invent the [doping] culture, but I did nothing to stop the culture ... and I am sorry for that."

Lance said he began using EPO (erythropoietin) -- a hormone that enhances red blood cell production -- in the mid 90s.

When asked if he was ever afraid he'd be caught -- Lance replied, "No."
When asked if it felt wrong at the time -- Lance replied, "No."
When asked if he felt like he was cheating -- he replied, "No ... I viewed it as a level playing field."

As for how the whole operation worked, Armstrong hedged on the details -- saying, "I viewed it as very simple. You had things that were oxygen-boosting drugs, for lack of a better word, that were incredibly beneficial for endurance sports. And that's all you needed."

He added, "My cocktail was only EPO ... not a lot ... transfusions and testosterone."

Lance -- who referred to his former self as "an arrogant pr*ck" -- isn't shocked by the outrage over his lies and deceit ... saying, "I deserve it."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

monique

does anybody seriously care?

Wow ...

He bullied, harassed and threatened those who knew about it, including his good friends. What kind of man does that?

Mustard

I know it's crazy but Lance Armstrong and Anderson cooper bear a striking resemblance!

YouDontSay

You are just a one nut jerk

I'm A Lawyer

When the news first broke that he was banned from the sport, a lot of people were saying it was stupid, because he was tested and always came out clean, and that all of this was just a witch hunt.

Where are those people now? LOL.

samson

Breaking news? Really?

Your S&M Girlfriend

Big surprise. NOT

Perky

He should be shot on the spot and all his wealth liquidated and dispersed to the people he ripped off and threatened. He's the epitome of what everybody hates and should be exterminated. Period.

zak

DAMMMMMN oprahs goin innnnn

YouDontSay

He got cancer in 1996 so was doping before that. Wow just Wow!

nicole

Oprah can get anything out of anyone!!!

ANNIE24

It's not only the lying & cheating that's despicable, but also the fact that he threatened everyone & anyone who dared to expose him and he had the power to destroy their reputations and careers. Going on Oprah and crying a few tears as part of his humility tour to try & rebuild his brand won't work. He should be charged with obstructing justice, lying to the authorities who investigated the situation, return his Olympic medal that he got through doping, return the endorsement money that he got through deception & bullying then fade out of the public's view. He is not forgiven.

msmoeliss

What the hell is this pic of? It looks like a tranny getting knocked down or something. Tmz if you're gonna keep posting the same pic at least pick one thats in focus

pancake

oooh wow TMZ didnt know that ! im stoned gettn ready to go to la fiesta de san sebastian boricua!! grita pun`eta

Melissa

I knew always. People called me liar and a hater lol he's such a loser!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments