Oscar Pistorius

A Free Man Again ...

For Now

2/22/2013 5:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0222-oscar-pistoriu-landov
Oscar Pistorius
is free ... the Olympic sprinter accused of murdering his girlfriend was just released from a South African prison after posting bail.

Pistorius -- who's charged with murdering GF Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day -- was granted bail in exchange for 1,000,000 rand (or $113,000).

He has spent the last 8 days behind bars.

The Chief Magistrate granted Pistorius bail on the condition he turn over his passport and surrender any guns he owns. Pistorius also can't leave the district of Pretoria without the permission of his probation officer. He is also banned from drinking and doing drugs.

He's due back in court on June 4.

janet

South Africa, not the United States. Whole different ballgame. This man isn't going anywhere.

who dat

Bail is a tool the courts use to grantee a suspect charged with a crime, will not skip the jurisdiction. In this case, the bail was set low based on the pending charges.

It has been said, his gf Reeva had received text messages from a male soccer player she knew. Reeva was dressed in her street clothes at 3am., when she was shot.

There are several inconsistencies in his story. With a better investigator, and proper forensics, i doubt his story will hold up to the evidence.

He will most likely plead to Culpable homicide.

James25

He's guilty. His story about what happened is a big lie. I hope that he doesn't skate because he's a celebrity.

mr.howell

Gezzzz,this is more proof that the more '$$$$$' ya got..you can get youself out of anything!..even murder!..good luck finding this 'psycho' again!..

BB not bb

He has guilt written all over him. If he was innocent they would look elated. Now they look worried and burdened. I guess it is scary to live in a society where murderers get to just waltz out of the jail like it was no big deal.

Justicie is always done one way or another. If the courts don't do it right, life will get them. The courts are just there to maintain order.

I wonder if his family has him under mind control. They seem like they are over protecting him. I think they should tell him to just tell the truth. If he lost his temper and has a problem, he should just say so.

No one will be able to forgive him if he keeps lying. Also, if it was like a cold blooded hit, they would need separate evidence. I think she was his girlfriend, but he just couldn't releate to having one that was so nice.

Nice women should not date creepy men. It never seems to work out well. You can't change them with being nice. More like they will turn you into a low life or destroy you if they can't.

I think he is someone with a bad temper and no social skills.

HngBlkBtm

People break in my house all the time to poop. :0\

Santasunsetwoodica

The blade runner shot his girlfriend after he found out she was cheating on him with a man with 3 legs!

janet

South Africa has their own laws. Their own way. South Africa is a country within the Continant of Africa.

It's not the states. Lighten up.

en Todo Momento!!

just don't talk to anyone about anything. the psychic spirits may come out awhisperin things in people's ears who aren't supposed to hear.. *wink wink*, sound familiar, harvey? esoteric advice.

pancake

I guess making him wear an ankle monitor would be out of the question.

Lynn

Only a moron would believe his bull**** story. I hope he gets what he deserves.

Gloryg7

I guess the girl in the photo with him is naned Next victim.....

Mike

He's staying at his uncle's house - I'll bet nobody in the home dares to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

t

113K bail for murdering someone? really? what kind of POS justice system does South Africa have?

Davis

This punk needs to man up while he's out on bail and blow his brains out. I think the whole world would appreciate that kind gesture. His story is the lamest bunch of BS I have ever heard. Go ahead punk make my day and eat your gun or find some other way to off yourself.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments