« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ted Nugent

Bring the X Games

to Detroit!!!

5/12/2013 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0510-ted-nugent-xgames-getty
The 2014 Summer X Games belong in the city with the highest violent crime rate in the United States ... Detroit ... so says the Motor City Madman Ted Nugent.

In case you didn't know, this year will be the X Games' last year in Los Angeles -- and officials are now deciding where to host the 2014 Games ... Chicago, Austin, Charlotte or Detroit.

But for rock legend and proud Detroiter Ted Nugent, the choice is simple ... "There is no better place for the X Games to be celebrated by a more dedicated high-energy sports fan base than in my beloved birth city of Detroit."

He adds, "The incredible positive spirit and energy of the mighty Motor City is alive and well ... Let the games erupt!"

FYI, according to several studies, you're more likely to be a victim of violent crime in Detroit than in any other city in the U.S. ...

So we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

IwuvTMZ

X marks the spot.

EggsOverEasy

Ted Nugent sh*t his pants for a week so he could avoid the vietnam war, then slept with girls young enough to make him a pedophile.. with their families consent. He is all about the guns, but the poster child for the reason we need some sanity when it comes to the second amendment.. I hope I run into him someday, but i fear he may still like to sh*t in his pants.

itsnoise

Thanks TMZ for the new picture that I'm going to use for target practice tomorrow.

fated_x_rated

Detroit is not a bad city. Ive lived here all my life never been stabbed robbed or shot. Detroit has many big events and no serious crime happens. Detroit is the perfect place to have the X games so we can show the world the good side of this great city

fated_x_rated

And people could finally stop writing ignorant articles about this city

21stcent

I didn't know the X Games had drive-by shooting as an event.

J

Ted Nugent is to X Games what Lindsey Lohan is to higher education.

tgrfan42069

Charlotte has great weather in the summer

daniel

Wherever it is, move the big air back indoors. I want to see the best tricks possible, not people worried about the wind.

Doug

Ted Sucks

ABB

Who cares what this coward loudmouth imbecile draft dodger who craped his pants to get out of going to Viet Nam thinks.

Jimmy Stink Finger

That boy is a P I G pig !

OLiarbama Argo-Urself

Sir Ted, you make millions of us proud to be an American. The majority is on your side. Keep up the good work.

Toxicprincess

ANYWHERE but Charlotte. Its not actually Charlotte they want to host them at. Its at the Charlotte Motor Speedway which is in Concord NC. I live right behind the speedway. Its already bad enough the 2 times a year when the rednecks take over for the races. We don't need a bunch of idiots hanging out all summer. No thanks

BobLoblaw

Yes, there are parts of Detroit that are simply terrifying. The majority of the city, however, is safe and I have no issues taking my young children to events. It's far more interesting to focus on the negative than the inspiring revitalization that is occurring.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments