Kanye West

Simon Cowell of the Street

Gives Rapper Shot at Fame

5/5/2014 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West
 was verbally assaulted on the streets of NYC ... and he liked it ... giving a total stranger several minutes to show off his rapping skills on camera.

Kanye and Kim Kardashian were walking to their home in SoHo when a guy -- who's either really brave or really dumb -- ran up behind Kanye and boldly said, "I been working on my s***, trying to get better at it."

This is where old Kanye shoots the guy down and crushes his dreams -- but the new KINDER Yeezy instead replied, "How's it sound now?""

And then ... the guy spits his rhyme for more than a minute straight! Kanye even waited for the guy to finish before walking into his building!!

Check out Kanye's reaction -- not sure the guy's going on tour with him anytime soon, but still ...

"The Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day."

Heidi

AS A FAN OF KANYE AND HIS MUSIC, KUDOS' TO HIM!!!!!!

Mare

Kanye only listened so he could steal the guys lyrics for his next album.

Machelle

Sometimes y'all (TMZ) can be hilarious. The Grinch.....

GuszeFresh

If Kanye. Would give me a chance to SHOWCASE my TALENT I would be apart of G.O.O.D MUSIC !

Celeb Gossip Addict

That is the coolest thing i have ever seen Kanye do. I know that really must have made that guy's day.

Mimolicious

This Klown. God has funny ways of teaching arrogant people some dose of humbleness.. he has a kid now. Watch him see his child struggling with something that his ego or money can't fix.

redneck-girl

I have never listened to kanya's music. I couldnt tell you the title of any song he sings, or raps or whateve he does.

True

This is just more proof that people don't know Kanye! He signed Big Sean the same way several years ago. This isn't something new.

franklyspeaking

#Booooooo Get a clue. Get a channel on doo tube

Areader

That looked very staged!

static

If someone who sucks like Kanye likes your "shlt" I wouldn't count that as a good thing.

Lisa

Harvey and Charles .. It's getting Sooooo old of the continual news about rappers. Most of whom I have no clue as to who they actually are. The one issue that is most annoying is Raquel always chiming in with her opinions ONLY when it involves black people. She's annoying and if you're her boss, you sure do let her speak to you in a highly disrepectful manner..Make her shut up! And seriously can you report on more interesting topics besides gross Justin Beiber, Kim K, Kanye, these people are idiots and NO ONE gives a damn about them... Why don't you take the high road and report on CLASS instead of Jerry Springer-ish TRASH.. Tell Raquel to zip it.. annoying as HELL!!!

TJ

She acts so arrogant and self involved. Her friend is such a drip. He was on Millionaire match Maker & acted like a fool. Never saw the girl again, took her to a midget show, or something. Kanye is going to have a rude awakening!!

Bazinga

Kanye assaults my ears!

Lady JaJa

When I reflect about how his mother died, and all of the pressure an artist, any artist, has to deal with, it was nice to see that he kinda stopped and smelled the roses. Too bad I couldn't understand anything this up-and-coming was saying.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments