Britney Spears

Extending Run

in Las Vegas

5/11/2014 7:09 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0511-britney-spears-concert-splash-02Britney Spears and Sin City are a match made in heaven ... TMZ has confirmed Brit is close to extending her run with Caesars for another two years.

Spears would continue her reign at Planet Hollywood’s Axis theater until Christmas 2016 if she accepts the new deal. The contract would be for two years and pay her $12 million, says the New York Daily News.

Caesars Palace President Gary Selesner told the paper that Brit has been "a great success" during her time in Vegas, adding, "She has been filling out the place every night, and she is enjoying it and is in good health."

As TMZ first reported, Spears' is taking home $30 million from the first two years of her current Vegas deal.

Nancy

Lip-syncing for a few hours a night, for a few nights a week, for a few years, for $30 million or more? Nice work if you can get it.

Brian

Why would anyone want to go see such a boring show? I guess a lot of people get wasted in Vegas and get duped. Britney Spears isn't a Vegas act.

Hotness

Extending her run! Is she performing for mentally challenged deaf and blind people? There is not a shred of musical talent in her.

Michael

Her current contract is over in December 2015, so isn't this just a 1-year extension rather than a 2-year extension, as currently indicated by this article?

namers

Good for her. I'm not a fan but fans she has many.

EggsOverEasy

So they are paying her less than half of what they paid her for the first two years? Is she going to do half as many show, or is she now only worth half as much as she was just two years ago?

Truth

All the things to do in Vegas and you go see THIS? You deserve that screwing.

Rigby

Why is she tierd from lip-singing?

Jen

Good news for my lazy ass. I'd like to see her, but am in no hurry.
Plus I've always strongly believed that Vegas is for stars in their 60's. She'll be looking pretty rough in a couple, it'll be nice.
Might run into her, the kids and her keeper at the 1.99 buffet.

Your S&M Girlfriend

No one is more surprised by this than I am. I think she is minimally talented, but I'd like to be built like her.

mick

Not sure why anyone would pay good money to see her. I can understand them giving out free tickets to the high rollers which I've heard they've been doing. Maybe thats the reason for such a downgrade in money. From 30 million for the 1st two years to only 12 million for the next two. Not that it's a bad salary for doing no actual singing. lol

waffles

"She has been filling out the place every night" so they are extending her contract but cutting her pay by about 20 percent? Huh? How does that make sense? She should be getting a raise.

lowie

Way to go Brit your awesome

John

I can't believe that anyone would pay to see a performer who doesn't sing live and who stands in on one spot wiggling while her dancers do the real work. Even a two drink minimum won't help this train wreak.

August Baby 77