« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

I'M BOYCOTTING ESPN

Over 'Nasty' Michael Sam Kiss

5/12/2014 7:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0512-marshall-henderson-tweet-01
update_graphic_red_bar
8:13 AM PT -- Henderson is backtracking BIG TIME ... claiming his homophobic tweet was part of a twisted psychology experiment to see how the public would react. Suuuure.

Henderson wrote, "One of my best friends, WHO IS GAY, is about to graduate in psychology, asked me to say these things so he can have responses."

"The point of his study was to see how people react when others say things or act a certain way against another group of people."

He added, "Sorry for messing with everyone like that!!!  Everyone really helped my boy AND FOR THAT WE ARE EXTREMELY APPRECIATIVE!!!"

Meantime, Ole' Miss is already distancing itself from Henderson -- with Athletic Director Ross Bjork telling us, "I am extremely disappointed and we do not condone the statements made by our former bball player. We believe in respect and dignity for all."

"We use significant resources to educate our student-athletes about respect and dignity for all people and unfortunately not everyone gets it."

update_grey_gray_bar
Another sports star spitting homophobic venom over Michael Sam -- this time a college basketball star says he's going to boycott ESPN for showing Sam's "sickening" post-Draft kiss.

The man behind the homophobia is Marshall Henderson -- who became famous at Ole' Miss for his outrageous on-the-court antics ... including taunting opposing players, fans and coaches.

Now, he's going after Sam -- tweeting, "Boycotting sportscenter til this michael sam nasty ass sh*t is off. My brothers are 7 and 11 and saw that!!! #SICKENING."

Henderson's comments come one day after the Miami Dolphins fined safety Don Jones for tweeting "OMG" and "horrible" when ESPN aired the footage of Sam kissing his BF.

As for Henderson ... he was NOT expected to be selected in the upcoming NBA Draft -- and  we're guessing these comments aren't going to help his stock. For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ABB

This has have to be the most lamest excuse for twittering next to I got haxorz! Wow! Come on dude! Man up and admit how you feel!

bucktownboy

Some people say he won't be a "distraction' off the field but that is now not true. Why was a camera crew stationed INSIDE his home for being drafted in the seventh round EXCEPT to follow this distraction (and ,no, for all of you non sports people, they didn't have camera crews for other seventh round picks who are straight) Why did they have a camera crew outside of a Miami gay bar to catch gays jumping all over each other for a seventh round draft pick And again, no crew was around straight bars for their seventh round picks. Wait till he gets cut, or when the coach quits because the NFL won't let the team cut him for non performance. "The first openly gay man gets cut from an NFL team . Player says he will sue"

MLOPEZ

What the HELL is going ON???? People are being forced to shut the F@#K up because if not they'll lose their jobs and others will go on a witch hunt for them. Whatever happened to freedom of speech. If GAYS are allowed to express themselves, so should heterosexuals. We are being forced to shut our mouths for fear of consequences.

Ozzie X

Attention whore.

Jessica

When I heard about this kiss, I was somewhat upset because I feel like the gay agenda is really pushing itself onto people who don't share the same morals. HOWEVER, I just viewed the kiss online and it was the sweetest thing. It was not sexual at all, it was loving. The boyfriend was even crying and seemed so genuinely happy that Sam was drafted. Very tender moment that made me forget about gay, straight, etc. I just saw love.

Dale

He will get more attention from the vultures in the media than any of the 246 players chosen before him. I am not looking forward to this circus. He's an average player at best, this overexposure has already become annoying.

SenorPlaid

Marshall probably would've been more supportive if Sam and his boyfriend just snorted a line off the table, you know, "acceptable" behavior to Marshall.

1luv

Does anyone have a backbone anymore? If you are going to make a statement either for or against gays stand by it. Folks turn to jelly just because someone questions you, but swears their free speech rights have been taken away. Weak kneed people are the real problem with America not gays!

SBTZMom

This guy is nothing... And he will never have a career... What a douche bag

Princess4u

Clinton said it best, "Don't ask, don't tell". We as a people need to face the facts that everybody is not comfortable with homosexuality. You can not make someone be ok with it. It is weird. And if I wanted to express that, that is my right to do so. I think we are all learning that there are more people to disagree with it than we think. It's just that we are made to go along with it, but when it actually stands you in your face, true feelings come out. I also feel that ESPN should not have shown it on tv out of respect for EVERYONE, not just GAYS.

gegeok

My lil son saw that crap too..have some respect ESPN...

dagale1

I agree! ESPN didn't give the first overall pick this much attention. How can someone compare Sams to Jackie Robinson? Jackie Robinson couldn't hide who he was... We don't care if you are straight, gay or an animal. If you can play football, PLAY! We are either going to cheer for you or say you suck.

Seriously?!?

Are these guys so insecure with their own sexuality that a simple kiss makes them so uncomfortable?

314Bamn573

Look, we get it, he is gay. But wtf does that have to do with football?!? I want to watch Sportscenter and The NFL Draft for its intent - Sports! Not a episode of Will & Grace

PIncorrect

Good. Somebody should push back against this bullying from the extreme leftists trying to destroy anything moral values. Be gay. I don't care. QUIT SHOVING IT IN MY FACE.