(Mar. 3) -- A woman who claims to be involved in a video showing Scott Stapp and Kid Rock with several strippers has sued Stapp for invasion of privacy.
The woman, identified as Jane Doe in a lawsuit filed in Miami on Thursday, claims she was under the belief that the video was to remain in Stapp's private possession.
The lawsuit seeks to prevent the sale of the video and asks for unspecified damages. The suit alleges the woman suffered emotional distress and the video used her name or likeness without her permission.
"For all purposes, she is the star of the females in the video," the lawsuit said.
Stapp claims the tape, which was made in 1999, was stolen from him. The former lead singer of Creed and Kid Rock have won a temporary court order in Michigan preventing World Wide Red Light District from distributing the video or promoting any part of it.
Red Light, which sold the infamous Paris Hilton sex tape in 2004, had displayed a 40-second preview clip of the video on its Web site. The company, which also is mentioned in the Miami suit, has acknowledged that the tape came from a third party, but has denied that it was stolen. There was no published telephone listing available for Red Light in California.
The tape was released just days after Stapp married former Miss New York Jaclyn Nesheiwat in Miami on Feb. 10.
Stapp, 32, says the tape was made soon after he was divorced from Hillaree Burns.
He said he previously told his new wife about having a wild year and that she accepts the tape as part of his past.
"You think it's part of your rock 'n' roll memories," Stapp told AP radio in a recent interview. "I should have burned that tape."
Kid Rock has blamed Stapp for losing the video, but he also called the video "perfect timing."
"I got a record coming up ... Maybe I should thank him," Rock told the AP in an interview Wednesday.