Halle Finally Gets A Good One

6/22/2006 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

For all of her professional good fortune – an Emmy, a Golden Globe, an Oscar –- Halle Berry has had well-publicized bad luck when it comes to the men in her life.

But in recent months she's been keeping company with Gabriel Aubrey, a Canadian model ten years her junior, and TMZ – after doing a little research – thinks she's finally found a keeper.

The "X-Men" star's romantic life has been a gauntlet of missteps and misery. Her two marriages, first to baseball player David Justice and then to jazz musician Eric Benet, both ended in divorce, and she's clearly regretful and bitter about the latter's much-talked-about infidelity. She recently told a reporter that having to pay alimony to Benet was "not good, especially when he cheats on you like 27 times."

What's more, Berry, who turns 40 in August, was reportedly left with almost total hearing loss in one ear after an altercation with a boyfriend, though the identity of that boyfriend has never been confirmed.

However, her latest beau, the 30-year-old Aubrey, has an unusually skeleton-free closet: No criminal record, no indications of infidelity, no signs of abusive or otherwise relationship-wrecking behavior.  He's been one of the top male models in the world for several years, earning $30,000 and upwards per shoot, and the two do make a remarkably handsome couple.

So even though Berry has quite publicly disavowed marriage as an institution, perhaps Aubrey will disabuse her of this recent notion – and prove that the third time really is the charm.

Two Women Beaters!!!

Mystic -- you are sooooo on point. This does seem unconsciously color-biased. Why is he the good one? I personally think Halle's previous relationships failing had a lot to do with her -- she's was the common denominator.

And for the record, when Halle married Eric...she told everyone how he was the most kind and gentle man she had ever been with. Plus, speaking of color...the last known white guy (the dentist) Halle dated before she was famous tried to jack her of 80,000 when she married David Justice - so being the white boyfriend surely does not make him perfect and I'm sure Gabby Angel's (i.e., Gabriel) skelatons will start coming out shortly (I've heard a few rumors). Back to the dentist, he claimed he bought her gifts and helped her career so she owed him money -- she had to spend like 100,000 defending herself against this guy.

Now with Gabriel, in terms of his looks, he is far from perfect...he looks like any other white male model....tall, pale, and skinny. PLEASE! Give me a break!

Anonymously Yours

Halle brings it upon herself. She draws the attention to herself at any costs no matter what she says about the photographers, etc.

. Why would Halle date a gay guy if the rumors (which I have heard he does do the bar thing in FL and NYC) are true--because it's safe and gives her cause not to look in the mirror. It's about her not the men in her life. She attracts what she projects.

Yes, I do think he is using her as much as she is using him if not more. Don't think either of them are all that. Halle modeling for the hack designer Versace was the biggest joke--she's not a model---Revlon is one thing. He seems social beneath her. Looks always unkempt and drunk in all the pictures.

Crap about her working on herself,etc--total bullshit. Don't think the ex is blowing it out of his ass about her recent statements. The woman needs let go of being bitter and move on or she's going to carry this shit into her current and future relationships.

She's not going to marry Aubry nor have his kid, I really don't see him in the picture much longer especially with all the rumors flying---she cares more about herself/image and what her fans & others think of her more than she probably does over the latest guy. I'm sure she's being counseled by her manager, publicist, and lawyers---let's hope she doesn't bring any consequence to the model with her latest media fuck up about the Benet.

I hope she gets it together and works on her self esteem issues.

maggie

I think they make a great looking couple and God knows, Halle deserves some happiness in the romance department. I don't have a problem with her dating a white man - I think love is sometimes found in the most unlikely places or when you are least looking for it. I say "Go With The Flow" Halle. If this man makes you happy (regardless of his race) - keep him!

Two Women Beaters!!!

All I know is Gabriel is described as a model with an androgynous type style, which I find interesting. And we all know what androgynous means. If you don't believe this is his description...check this site out (copy link). These picks suggests he probably does. Toward the bottom.

Two Women Beaters!!!

TellingItLikeItis -- I know I just said that...but thanks for posting my same comment LOL!

Two Women Beaters!!!

It's called unconscious racism. It is there...sorry - read about it, it's actually very interesting.

And people have a right to voice their opinions otherwise there would not be a comment section. And your comment was quite long and you actually took the time to read ours...so do you not have a life :) I know I do, but I was bored (it gets like that sometimes) so I posted something.

Two Women Beaters!!!

Also...Eric actually told the public he is not a sex addict, and the reason why he went along with it initially was because he was trying to save his marriage. Halle is the one who brought up the whole..."you must be a sex addict." Second, no one is condoning Eric's actions...in fact they were wrong. But the fact that halle would mention it AGAIN in a recent article tells me the woman has issues. And yes it's okay to have issues...but own up to them and stop making others around you the complete villan and you the complete victim -- it's not right. That's my beef with Halle! Like Eric said in a recent article...HALLE needs to let them move on and live life and stop sniping Eric in the media!

Two Women Beaters!!!

Oh yeah...my comments are to DANICA...I forgot to mention that.

DANICA

i agree with Danica

Two Women Beaters!!!

Sorry but chocolate is just so much sweeter...ladies BORIS KODJOE!!

For those of you still feenin Gabriel, here's a pic of him in his briefs...does absolutely NOTHING for me. As mentioned before, he looks quite androgynoyus!

Two Women Beaters!!!

I agree with HuLove

Two Women Beaters!!!

This is it...but I'm mad my favorite picture of Boris had an error message. So here's another link. Let me catch my breath...okay here it is! LOL!

Anonymously Yours

Let's see how long their "relationship" of convience lasts(sarcasm). Yeah, I've hear the rumors of the bf being gay or bisexual---who knows? Agee with the poster who said they didn't think Halle would be that desperate or that stupid.

It will be interesting how the Benet thing on Larry King tonight will go. Let's see if the mutual bashing will continue. Both need to grow up and move on.

Anonymously Yours

Idiots, Benet was on Larry King on June 24th , where did you get it was tonight.
Who cares about Halle and the bf? Who cares if he may or not be gay, bi or whatever? Who cares if it lasts or not? These posts are hilarious.

Anonymously Yours

the author of the article can't even spell Aubry's name right, what a baffoon.