John Cusack Wants a Restraining Order

6/26/2006 7:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Cusack- Exclusive Story: Launch GalleryActor John Cusack has asked a judge to issue a restraining order against a woman who he says has been stalking him.

In documents, filed June 23 in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Cusack claims 31 year-old Emily Leatherman has been "showing unusual interest [in him] by stalking, throwing long letters of interest over my fence in bags with rocks and screwdrivers inside, making unannounced visits to offices of people I work with in an attempt to meet with me and listing my address as her own during a recent arrest. Mail addressed to her has been arriving at my residence without my permission. I have never met this person." The documents also say Leatherman "threatens to commit acts of violence against herself if I do not help her."

According to the documents, Leatherman is a transient with no known address.

Click to read the documents.

Kyle Geib

Anyone who has insulted John Cusack has in-turn insulted the city of Chicago and it's high morale and cohesive local group of actors. John Cusack is an influencial actor who has always been dedicated to origionality and the wonderful city of Chicago. anyone who thinks other wise is a disgrace and should go back to watching Freddie Prince Jr. movies

jenni

i am afraid i would stalk Johns Cusak myself. kidding of course, but the man is a wonderful actor and comes across as a pretty great person as well. at what point do these "celebrity stalkers" end up facing the consequences? how come it is so hard for the average person to get the same action taken against stalkers with out being physically harmed? it seems like stalking, whether it be of a celebrity or an average person is just not taken as seriously as it should be.

Whitney Hollingsworth

john cusack and his no talent sister need to be grateful that anyone even knows who they are. Then again, he's probably stalking himself for some publicity - paying a poor transient in sandwiches to throw HER junk in HIS backyard. I'm on to you john.

hd deuce kid

i just hope he gets this resolved; hes one of the nicest down to earth actors of our time.

DOTTIE

I just love John and Joan Cusack. I could become a stalker for John...( just kidding). I do love his movies and have seen everyone of them.Maybe he would want to use my address? Maybe he would want to meet me> haha. No, In all reality I love him for what he is an actor. Don't know him and will never know him. I just can't understand stalkers....Why Do they do that? Oh well I am waiting for his next film...

sundance sally

How scary for Mr. Cusack ! Not just having to take legal action.
He can't even enjoy the relative privacy I would get in taking such an
action without the whole planet knowing about it. Spare me the
public record. The point is, stalkers want attention.
Publishing John's legal action just pumped it big time.

Momma

You can stay with here until this gets worked out. Your safe with me.

RockDoc

It is a form of schizophrenia; called erotomanic delusional disorder. She really believes this in her head (just as one would believe their real life spouse, etc.). She is obviously in need of biopyschosocial help. I hope she gets it in an inpatient facility. Otherwise, the mania could worsen.

woman of stone

Thank you RockDoc for explaining the mental problem that these people suffer to the unknowing.
It is a shame... these people start out wanting to entertain, then become prisoners in their own homes (or afraid to go home!) because of unstable people like this. You all may remember Rebecca Shaffeir? (My Sister Sam w/ Pam Dawber) She was gunned down in her own doorway by a fan who stalked her. He was able to get her home address through the DMV, which led to the laws now on the books about not giving out personal information to anyone.
It's awful, in this day and age, that no-one feels safe anymore, and I tell ya, from what I read in that restraining order, it won't stop someone who is hell bent on killling or hurting someone if they are determined.
God Bless ya John Cusack... I know it's hard man.... keep smiling.

Izzy

Laughing so hard can hardly breathe. Karma's a b!@#$!, hey Johnny. Hope she causes him the emotional distress he has caused so many in the past. Abusing women, making "wife" at time, Jodi-Lynn O'Keefe have abortion against her will (rumor, but true) and just for being a general a!@hole with no respect for others. Hope next time her bag filled with screwdrivers hits him in the head - maybe that will knock some sense into him and his focus will be on something other than his dick. Bet if she was half-decent looking, he would have f!@#$!@ her instead of filing restraint. Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha.

Jean

Well, the man is definately not ugly and a heck of an actor. Living in Oregon now I'm not too far from where Mr. Cusack lives, I'd gladly put the smack down on anyone trying to harm the man. He hiring?

Linda J. Bass

My heart goes out to Mr. Cusack. He doesn't deserve this!!!
I hope this nightmare ends for him a.s.a.p. so he can have
peace in his life. Hang in there John, my thoughts & prayers
are with you.

Leslie McMaster

John, this sucks for you! My mother sent this article to me because she knows what a fan I am! I have your autographed picture hanging on my laundry room wall, (the only place my husband will allow it) I have been watching your movies since I was 15. I know what a private person you are, and have respected that forever. I am so sorry that this is happening publicly and wish you the best of luck!

Brittany

It's not surprising, really. John Cusack is an extremely popular actor, and he's obviously got a few psychos falling for him as well. I hope he makes it out okay with all this crap.