Star Says She's Finished Talking

6/30/2006 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Star Jones says she's finished talking about "The View" and her high-profile spat with Barbara Walters.

On this morning's "Today" show and last night's "Larry King Live," Jones spoke and spoke (and spoke some more) about her "firing" from the show and tried to make it clear as possible that she was the victim of a "business decision," and said that she was let go without so much as a phone call from Barbara or the show's producer.

At the same time, she apologized for her wedding-related antics that made her an easy target for the press, fans and colleagues.  She told Roker, "My husband said, 'Star, you don't want a wedding,  you want a parade,'" as she admitted getting caught up in the "euphoria" of finally getting married at age 40.  But she also said that she her "Today" appearance was the "last time" she would be talking about her firing.

She revealed to Larry King last night that she was supposed to "make up a story" to tell the audience about her firing – and that her co-hosts on "The View" would just go along it.

In a deliciously ironic twist, this morning's "View" was a taped show – when Star was still on the show – with the stars from the film "The Devil Wears Prada," which opens today. The first "hot topic" under discussion was whether male or female bosses were tougher to work for.

After Joy Behar offered that she had been fired by both men and women, making her an "equal opportunity screw-up," Star replied, "Women can be sneaky.  Women bosses are sneaky.  You can be lulled into a sense..." but didn't finish her sentence.

And later, when Joy suggested that Barbara really wasn't just a boss, but a colleague, Star, without looking in Walters' direction, said, emphatically, "Oh, she's the boss. Let's not pretend..."

Related Links:
Star Arrives at CNN's "Larry King Live"
Larry King Weighs In

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Orphie

MMmmm-Hmmmm. . . buhh-bye, now.

Victoria

We all know she was on our nerves for some time.
But seeing and realizing what really went on this week! Larry King & the Today Show! I give her much respect she is telling what really went on! and that Barbara Walters was very unprofessional and this is why alot of us woman can't trust other woman! in the work place!

judy

Watching the pre-recorded show today and knowing what we know now........it was obvious Star and Barbara were both uncomfortable. Star was unusually quiet (for Star).
Neither was right. Star should have just waited for the day planned and said her speech and Barbara should have just let her stay until it was time to go. It's now just a fiasco and Star and Barbara both look bad.
Too bad.

Gigibear

Frankly, I don't have much sympathy for either Barbara Walters or Starzilla. Each one in their own way is to blame for this whole mess. For America's sake I hope she really is done talking about this because it's more than tiresome.

Dianne

Thank GOD FOR THAT!!!!!

Trice

I am glad the truth came out about the nastiness of the business. Suddenly Barbara Walters showed us her pretentious and callous nature. Although I am not a fan of Star, I must commend Star for giving a great interview to Larry King. She is not as dumb as many thought. Take some time to enoy the worthless, classless, "VIew" lmao

girladvenger

I'll say this...this is for Harvey Levin: As a lawyer, Harvey did you feel that ABC/Barbara Walters went over the line. As Star employers they released her performance profile to the public and they had false facts released, especially her wedding info, which was wrong. They told her to lie and cover up about why she is being release, when she didn't they attacked her.

I have not found anything Star did to be wrong, including doing a interview with People, in which she told the truth, never denegrated Barbara. I have lost a whole lot of respect for Barbara Walters and ABC.

As a HR rep in the real world, i don't know any law that makes exception to the entertainment community. I know if my employer pulled the tactics that ABC did, I would lose my job.

This is not about how Barbara feels, She is an idiot for lying and behaving the way she did...it think she need to retire. But ABC has been leaking information to the press and I have no doubt that if Star hadn't told the truth about her situation, ABC would have leaked out the story about her contract not being renew. This is not the way a company like ABC should handle their business.

Carol Ann

Can I hear an AMEN??!!!

bewitched

AFTER WATCHING STAR JONES ON TUESDAY'S SHOW AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT FOLLOWED UP TO TODAYS SHOW. I THINK WHAT STAR DID AND HAS EXPLAINED IS JUST GREAT!! IF WE ALL WANT TO BE HONEST,WE WOULD LOVE TO GIVE IT TO OUR BOSSES BEFORE THEY GIVE IT TO US!! I FEEL SHE LEFT WITH A LOT MORE CLASS THAN MOST...AS FAR AS BARBARA WALTERS, SHE SHOULD RETIRE TO CAPE COD LIKE ALL THE DODDERING OLD NEWSCASTERS DO..HER TIME ON TELEVISION IS TIRED!!!

Betty

Barbara showed that her style is OLD school and out dated.

She selected Rosie on her own....without involving the rest of the veteran team.
When Star questioned the choice...she told Star to "wrap her arms around it."

Enlighted team leaders discuss with the team, what traits are needed in a new person....though they may make the decision themselves.

Not just make the decision with a "get Use to it attitude."

Also, Barbara said they told Star in April so she could get another job.

How does a recognizable person get another job...without announcing they are leaving a TV slot?

That doesn't make sense.

Barbara was trying to cover Truth....saying to protect Star - NO, she was protecting her own image.
Which is out...loud and clear - even when Star stops talking.

Barbara knows better!

Arlen

I have had enough of this whole mess. I do give props to Star for supposedly telling the truth and I for one am overjoyed that she is gone. She became big too quick and it went to her head. I remember her covering the OJ Simpson trial when she was overweight and ugly. But, you know what, maybe the entire show needs an overhaul, I think it is time for Barbara to go take up gardening or something, and they need to get a new young person to replace Elizabeth who is out of place. So with Joy and Rosie, they need three new faces. I think Rosie will breath new life and integrity into the show. Having said that, it is tiime to move on.

Kim

Why would the view hire Rosie O'Donnell knowing all the hurtful and mean things she said about Star and her weight loss? Obviously Star wants to keep that part of her life private, that is her choice but Rosie wanted to make it a personal battle because she is fat and Star isn't anymore. How she lost the weight is none of anyone's business. She is happy and healthy. That is the bottom line.I think the View should have thought twice about there choice in Co-Hosts. Barbara Walters is a cut throat business woman who looks at the business bottom line. Don't 'let her fake friendly additute fool you. She is everything but nice and friendly. ALL BUSINESS. Without Meredith and Star, I won't be watching any longer.

Chic

May I just say this is the best promo for the Devil Wears Prada movie... oh and women who side with Executives and Barbara Walters are probably not true professional women, most of us know how it is to be dumped on by other women... jealousy, envy, manipulation all the elements of women on women at work

Sally

Let's face some facts here. Barbara was "betrayed" because Star, who was fired/let go/ not renewed (which are the same thing) did not follow directions and make things smooth for the folks at the view. Supposedly the viewer did not like that a 40 year old former fat girl got to have a fairy tale wedding and looked good doing it. Oh, and it was unseemly for Star to hawk things that were sponsoring her wedding because The View is under the news umbrella. I don't think anyone at home watches The View for the news...it is entertainment TV. I am a 52 year old white woman from Mississippi who adores Star because we have the same values. Star loves and honors her parents, believes in and worships God and Jesus, believes in marriage, has worked hard to get where she is, AND I, too, love a bargain and freebies. Oprah does the same thing, she just calls it her favorite things show and does bother marrying the man she lives with. You are better off Star. I hope something great comes along for Elizabeth, too. The rest of the gang can go on a Rosie crew and never return for all I care. I am through with The View.

Summer Smith