McConaughey's Lost Weekend

7/7/2006 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaughey celebrated his independence from former girlfriend Penelope Cruz with a three-day bender in Costa Rica over the Fourth of July weekend.

Taking a cue from the movie that launched his career, the "Sexiest Man Alive" left much to be desired partying on the beach looking 'dazed and confused.'

Check out pics of Matthew's weekend beach blast.

A barefoot, shirtless, and sweaty Matthew got his groove on by drinking, dancing, writhing on the floor and even shushing one of his fellow vacationers.

Apparently McConaughey recuperated in no time, because just a couple of days later the confirmed bachelor was spotted hanging out with his bike riding buddies Jake Gyllenhaal and Lance Armstrong in Malibu.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Liz

Matthew, you are adorable, but all that partying will wreck your looks.
Make more movies!

macs angel

First of all, he is just a human being caught in a moment. Second all the idiots with the gay comments.... TEXAS does not breed gays REAL MEN COME from Texas hon's! AND all the "jealous" guys.... your probably the same idiots "drooling" over Pamela Anderson..... so shut up and go look up the news on her, leave Matt alone. Finally the women who think ewwww... well fine &dandy with me... leaves more of him for the real women who can handle him. Love you MaC!

Jill K J

Matthew is VERY attractive! Most of us have done things which others disapprove of and we often later regret, not to say that he should or will necessarily regret this... I am glad my life is not on display to be scrutinized by the public. I wish more young Americans woud learn to spell and write correctly. I also wish our population was more interested in real issues, and not so superficial. He is a person, just like all of us. We should move on and spend our energy on more important issues.

Paula

He may be sexy but when someone is so drunk they are all over the ground and acting obnoxious and there is nothing sexy about that. May be that's why he is no longer with Penelope. She does not seem like one to be associated with someone who acts like that regardless of how sexy they are. He is headed for a Mel Gibson front cover story.

ONE WHO KNOWS

TEXT FOR WHAT WAS BEING SAID WHEN THE GIRL WAS TALKING TO MATT:

GIRL: MATT! MATT! LISTEN TO ME!!!!
MATT: SHHHHHHH!
GIRL: NO, I WILL NOT SHUSH!! YOU NEED DEODORANT! YOU MUST USE IT!! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAID ON OPRAH!! YOU STEENK, MAN, STEEEEEENK!
MATT: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
GIRL: YOU SMELL LIKE LEEEMBERGERRR CHEEEESE! HAVE YOU NO SHAAAAME?!!!
MATT:SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
GIRL: NEVER MIND! YOU ARE TOOO TIRED TO THEENK! AYYYY!
MATT: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jon

Listen to all these sluts

lili

he's just saying: " stop talking, let's go to bed!"

stephanie

What's up with that chic's ear?

Rae Ann

Drunk.......Sober.......Alive........Dead......That man is the finest thing I have EVER seen! Play those bongos naked baby!

Anna

i agree 100% with #4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any man that plays bongos naked is a sexy man!!!

he is so hot!!!

he obviously can have a committed relationship..... so whats wrong with partying when he is single!!!

nothing baby

rock on!

James

Matthew's just having a good time...I wish I was there!

me

go hard or go home!

Courtney

"Oh baby, just you shut your mouth."

Susan Bristol

We were at the Milarepa resort in Costa Rica that weekend. An employee told us that after we had left the restaurant Friday night (later that night), McConaughey showed up drunk, pill popping and obnoxious. The waitress wasn't too happy. But I did hear that he tipped very well next door at the Flora Blanca!

Stasy

He can tell me to shush anytime. I do not care what he is doing, he is still the sexiest thing I have ever seen.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments