McConaughey's Lost Weekend

7/7/2006 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew McConaughey celebrated his independence from former girlfriend Penelope Cruz with a three-day bender in Costa Rica over the Fourth of July weekend.

Taking a cue from the movie that launched his career, the "Sexiest Man Alive" left much to be desired partying on the beach looking 'dazed and confused.'

Check out pics of Matthew's weekend beach blast.

A barefoot, shirtless, and sweaty Matthew got his groove on by drinking, dancing, writhing on the floor and even shushing one of his fellow vacationers.

Apparently McConaughey recuperated in no time, because just a couple of days later the confirmed bachelor was spotted hanging out with his bike riding buddies Jake Gyllenhaal and Lance Armstrong in Malibu.

michele

OMG....What I would do to be laying on that beach with him........He is the sexiest man I have EVER seen.........

Nikki

Yes He's HOT but he looks like an awful drunk!!!
Looking is Great but spending a life time is CRAZY!
Better luck next time, is what she is thinking!!!!

christie

I aint mad at you matt,part on you fine thang!!!For all of you hater,stop hating.You know you've been there done that.

linda

wow, matt you still havent change since 1988. miss you..and always remember you in my memories.. hugs linda

Cheryl

I AGREE WITH #13 He's HOT!!!

Cheryl

What is up with the womans ear?

Zak

"Shh baby. I am not GAY. Just because I "dated" noted beard Penelope "I Only Date Closeted Actors" Cruz, DOES not mean, I am gay. "

Todd

Was he seen playing bongos naked again? Was there a "bong" sitting next to him?

Sam

McConaughey looks a little like "Carl" in Caddy Shack....."Cannonball Comin'....
Gunga Gunga Kadunga".

Richie Rich

Rock on, Rock Hard. Just think if we all could take off to Costa Rica after a break up, wouldn't that be the life.

Nina

LMAO #5 comment about the unicorn egg in ear has me rolling on the floor laughing. These people are so stupid looking and they think they are sooooo cool. Matt is a hunk but I think he may party a little too much for my taste. There is a time and place for everything and evidently this was the right time and place,,,his eyes show he was having fun as he slobbered on everybody. I am just glad I didnt have his headache when he woke up, those fun times can be painful sometimes.

Victoria

Well, by all means... Enjoy yourself.

V-

MELISSA

Do i look like that when im drunk. lol

Yelly

Matt rocks. I dont care if he is drunk or not, that is one hot fella.

Yelly

and what IS up with that chicks ear? thats disgusting!