Girl Goes Wild on Joe Francis

7/10/2006 1:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Francis, mastermind behind the "Girls Gone Wild" videos, was allegedly punched in the eye last Friday night... by a girl. The details of the incident are sketchy, but police and paramedics were summoned to the site of a party thrown by a friend of Francis. A fire truck also arrived on the scene, just in case.

The extent of Joe's injury is unknown, but he was certainly upset, at one point raising his voice while talking to a police officer. Joe can be heard declaring that "the mitigating factor is my eye", and "we'll let it be decided in court". Later Joe holds what appears to be an improvised ice-pack to the left side of his face.

By the time he left the scene, Joe had calmed down, telling a photographer "Everything's fine. It was just a... misunderstanding".

Considering how many times Joe's company asks girls to lift up their shirts, it's a wonder he doesn't get slugged more often.

Congratulations

Joe Francis was punched in the face by an LA Times' reporter after he allegedly grabbed her and put her hands behind her back while pressing her face against the hood of a car. It's on the Times' website right now. The article, written by Times Staff writer Claire Hoffman and dated August 6 (I assume because it is set to print in our Sunday edition), is about her recent experience interviewing him for the day. The interview takes a turn for the worse, and her allegations are backed by sources that include a cop who witnessed the entire thing. That's just the tip of the iceberg. It's a scary read.

bob blalock

joe,thanks for all the times i have had to run for the remote to protect my kids from your unpredictable bombs on tv.i know you don't care about the massive damage you have done to our youth,i'am sure the money makes for great memory-loss.you are such a sweet heart.
bob blalock

steve

Agree with Bob, and add the following: if Joe's contributions to society are limited to convincing half drunk teens to expose themselves in ways that will (hopefully) embarass them at some future point when they are sober or their parents see them on television, its hard to feel sorry for him when he gets slapped around a bit. Be nice to see him, and other bottom-feeders like him, find a way to make a living that has SOME sort of redeeeming value, and don't force the rest of us to explain to our children that not everyone spends spring break naked and drunk.
Kudos to those (teachers, firemen, paramedics) who place service before wealth.

Jay

Bob if you're kids are awake at the hours Girls Gone Wild commericals are on they must be old enough to watch.

Lou

and thank you to TMZ for giving him publciity. like, as if he is a celeb or something.

Richard

Actually Angela, I can back up Bob because there have been some times during primetime on some channels where the commercial just randomly pops up. Not everyone stays up late at night to watch the 30 minute infomercials like you.

Desi

hmm Angela i've seen girls gone wild commericials in the middle of the afternoon... Joe Francis deserved what he got.

john

leave this man alone. he is a god in my eyes. wish i could do what he is doing and any man out there who says anything different is crazy and on top of that is a liar. girls gone wild generates huge income and it is his given right to do so. he isnt breaking any laws so who cares. hope he keeps doing it forever they are great entertainment that i enjoy with my wife. so hows that. it isnt just for men.

LAGurl

This guy is scum. He isn't fully responsible but our nation's young girls have, for the most part, turned in to girls gone stupid and wild whores. Sad sad sad.

I probably would slug him too if he asked me to parade around for the cameras. Why lose dignity and self-respect for a dum GGW t-shirt???

Diana

Girl went wild. On his face. Not what he was expecting, I'm sure. I am a bit confused as to why this hasn't happend to the man before. I assuredly feel like that girl did when I must run to change the channel. My thoughts also run to, oh dear, let us hope that the fathers and brothers of these girls don't buy these videos.

Jay

ahh Richard you caught me ;o).

jack stone

Mike

Check out what this jackass wrote:
_____
13. it's funny that people can't go through the day without bashing someone the bottom line is that the man is making a very good living at showing people naked stop being such a prude if it was illegal i would have a problem with it it's a shame that not one of you had comment for the girl that assualted him which is illegal people need to grow up because i can assure you if someone hit you in the face no matter what you said to them you would act the same way.

Posted at 2:58PM on Jul 10th 2006 by jack stone
_____
First, I agree with your sentiment. Second, you have GOT to be kidding me with these ridiculous run-on sentences! It makes you sound like a complete boob!

Wait a minute...I'm having an idea... WORDS GONE WILD!!!

Jen

For #13 isn't there such a thing as 'victim initiated' incidents? I don't know about how things are there, but where I come from if a man calls a woman the name #4 claims, then the cops would say he got what he deserved!

Lisa arneill

If you have ever seen this guy interviewed - he is a dick!! Someone who believes that he has money therefore he is better than the rest of us. I believe he called the girl a (c.u.next tuesday) because thats the arrogance he exudes. He deserved to get a punch in the face as would anyone who says that to any woman. I feel he has no respect for woman, and maybe he has only met the ones that don't resect themselves. Whichever I 'm glad someone brought him down to earth...

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments