EXCLUSIVE: Gibson Skated Twice Before

7/31/2006 2:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that Mel Gibson has been stopped for reckless driving two other times in Malibu but he was allowed to leave without a ticket or arrest.

As TMZ first reported, Gibson was arrested on Friday for suspicion of driving under the influence on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu -- driving 87 miles an hour. As we reported, the deputy who arrested Gibson was ordered to sanitize his arrest report to make it appear that Gibson's arrest was "without incident." In fact, The report states Gibson was abusive, violent and vulgar, and even attempted to escape.

TMZ has confirmed that approximately three years ago, Gibson was driving 74 miles per hour on Pacific Coast Highway, one mile from his house, when he was pulled over by a Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputy. Sources say Gibson avoided eye contact with the deputy during the stop and even though the deputy was suspicious of Gibson's sobriety, he let him go.

Approximately one year ago Gibson was stopped again, after driving 64 miles an hour on Pacific Coast Highway -- where the speed limit is 45. Sources say that Gibson was so cocky that he was on his cell phone the entire time he was detained by the deputy. Ultimately, the deputy decided to let him go without giving him a citation.

And there's new information about Friday's arrest.

As TMZ reported, the deputy who arrested Gibson was ordered by superiors to re-write his report and eliminate all references to Gibson's bad conduct and anti-Semitic remarks. Sources tell TMZ that Lt. Crystal Miranda told the arresting deputy that Captain Tom Martin talked to Sheriff Lee Baca who expressed concern that the explosive report might leak to the media and that it needed to be re-written in a sanitized form.

Sources say Gibson, who was pulled over early Friday morning for allegedly crossing lanes at a high speed, told the arresting deputy that he was leaving home just after 2 a.m. and heading to his brother's house. The arresting deputy found a bottle of tequila in the car, 3/4 full, in a brown paper bag. We're told that Gibson told the deputy that the bottle wasn't his but, "I've had a little bit."

We're also told that Gibson, who issued a statement over the weekend, suggesting he was not of sound mind when he uttered the anti-Semitic tirade and engaged in abusive behavior, was not in fact "out of it." Sources connected with the case tell TMZ that Gibson was drunk but was in control of his senses. At one point at the Sheriff's station, sources say Gibson was "jumping like a monkey" on a steel cage and told the arresting deputy, "I'm not going to hurt you physically. I'm gonna hurt you. I'm gonna make you lose."

We're also told that deputies at the Sheriff's station were star struck by Gibson and a number of them went to Gibson's holding cell to get a look of the star. The problem for the Sheriff's department -- there's a mounted camera in the station and the deputies can be seen fawning over the actor. Sheriff's officials have called some of the officers who were caught on tape in and warned them they might be subject to discipline.

As TMZ reported, the arresting deputy was ordered by officials to take out references to Gibson's bad behavior. We're told the altered report makes no mention of the fact that Gibson attempted to flee the scene by running to his car to escape. We're also told that the officer checked a box on the report that Gibson was "belligerent." Ironically, even though officials did not order the deputy to remove that reference, they did order him to re-write the report to eliminate all references to the supporting evidence leading the officer to believe Gibson was indeed "belligerent."

What do you think about this story? Call the TMZ comment line and we may post your raves and rants on TMZ! Call toll-free 866-895-8877 now!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

kerri

Although this behavior is outrageous and disappointing, I wonder if he wasn’t lashing out at a person through racial stereotypes just to get under his skin.?!?!?!

***** Like when I yell at women drivers for being stupid followed by a string of profanities. When, In fact, I am a woman and a good driver.*****

Yes, he’s battled alcoholism for some time now. Yes, he seeks help…

And we’ve all been drunk and said things that we didn’t mean, or even realize that we were capable of saying. Things we don’t even believe.

If he hates Jews...he's foolish...each man should be hated/loved based on his own merrit not his genetic material...

ALBERT VLUMBUNDY

HEY WHATS UP I HEARD JACK BLACK THROWING APRTY BOOZE AND LATER WERE GOING TO TAKE A WALK AND GET ICE CREAM SOUNDS GREAT TO ME . SO LETS FORGET ABOUT THIS . WELL THIER BE GIRLS THIER ???????????????????????????????????/

ALBERT VLUMBUNDY

THE SAME WAY THEY MADE FUN OF BLACKS AND SOUTHENERS IN MOVIES THEY DO THAT TO CONQUERED PEOPLE TO KEEP THEM MENTALLY HANDICAPT YOU LEARN THAT IN MILITARY OCCUPATION AN WHEN YOUR FROM THE SOUTH YOU CAN SEE WHAT WAS USED AN IS STILL BEING USED AGAINST YOUR PEOPLE . ITS AMAZING WHAT YOUR PROGRAMED TO DO AND IF YOU REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE. AND WHO YOU REALLY LOVE ( 1776 AMERICA) IT MAKES YOU MAD . THESE PEOPLE WERE REDICULED FOR YEARS WHEN JEWS COMPLETLY CONTROLED THE MOVIE INDUSTRY BEFORE WORLD WAR HOLAICOST . THEY NEVER EVEN OFFERED NOT ONE APOLIGY NOT ONE HOW SARCASTIC . THE SWORD HAS DOUBLE EDGE THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT CONTRL EVERYTHING ANYMORE EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN`T SEEN ONE THING I`VE WRITTEN . I AND I`VE WRITTEN A LOT FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES NO RESPONSE I GUESS I`LL CLOSE UP SHOP AND JUST READ FOR A WHILE SEE WHAT JACK BLACK HAS TO SAY .

ALBERT VLUMBUNDY

THAT REMINDS I GOT BREAKS FROM THE POLICE BEFORE . I BET EVERYONEONE HAS ON SOME LEVEL . CRAP ON ALL OF YOU WHO CRY FOWL OR WHATEVER . YOU ALL ASK FOR THEM TO YOUR DADDY OUR TO SOMEONE YOU THINK THAT CAN HELP . YOU YOU LIEING FOOLS . IF PEOPLE CAN`T SEE THRU YOUR PHONIENESS WELL THE`LL HAVE TO WAIT TILL THIER 12TH BIRTHDAY.

ALBERT VLUMBUNDY

ALBERT VLUMBUNDY

YOU KNOW MY FELLOW JEWISH FRIENDS WERE JUST A BUNCH OF WHITE PEOPLE . FROM EUROPE. YOU MAKE US SOUND SOMETIMES LIKE ODDBALLS . YOU CAN MAKE PEOPLE FELL ODD ESSPECIALLY IN CALIFORNIA . TO EVEN TALK COMFORTABLY . I`M NOT FROM HERE BUT LIVE HERE NOW . WHY ALL THIS LIKE WE ARE UNDER SUCH ATTACK BY AMERICANS WHO ARE VASTLY MAJORITY CHRISTIAN . DON`T LET THE POWER OF THE PAST MEDIA CONTROL THAT ENGLISH ROBBER BARONS LET US ENJOY GO TO YOUR AHEAD THEY WELL DESERT US . ITS BETTER TO STICK WITH OUR FRIENDS THE PEOPLE THIS PROPERGANDA THAT WAS USED TO CONTROL AND USE THEM CAME THROUGH THE MEDIA . SO GUESS WHO GETS LEFT HOLDING THE BAG . ( WATCHOUT PLEASE )

ALBERT VLUMBUNDY

SCAPEGOATS FOR WHAT IN YOUR RABBIS DREAMS OUR FAMILIES HAVE LIVED IN AMERICA SINCE THE 1700`S NO PROBLEMS . WHEN WE LIVED IN SPAIN , ITALY , FRANCE, BEFORE NOT ONE ANCESTORS LETTERS SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS . WE WERE MERCHANTS THEN AS NOW . AND SOME WERE EXPLORERS . MABY YOUR FAMILY WERE CONVERTS .I DONT KNOW . SOMETIMES THINGS HAVE TO BE SAID TO KEEP PEOPLE TOGETHER . IF YOU DONT HAVE A LONG FAMILY TREE JOURNALS, YOUR OWN HISTORY TO LOOK TO YOU CAN HARDLY DEPEND ON HEARSY LITTLEONES, YOU`VE MUST HAVE HEARD THE STORIES ABOUT THE MERCURY POISON ON THE MYSTICS IN THE OLD DAYS OF ISREAL . IF NOT GO TO ISREAL AND TALK TO JUST ABOUT ANY NATURAL BORN CITIZEN HE WELL TELL YOU . YOU CAN`T KEEP DUMPING LIKE THIS BECAUSE ONE DAY THE TABLE MIGHT TURN BECAUSE IN LAS AGELES AND I WELL NOT KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT . I`VE HEARD JEWS SAY MANY ANTI- CHRISTIAN THINGS UNDER THIS PRETEXT OF THIS HARD TIME AND I KNOW FOR SURE IN THIS COUNTRY THIS IS NOT TRUE . AND JUST THE FACT .OF THE CHRISTIANS BUYING FROM YOUR STORES LETTING YOU CONTROL THIER MOVIE INDUSTRY. WHERE THE BLACKS WERE MADE FUN OF . THINK ABOUT IT YOUR NO ANGELS . THIER WERE INDIANS WHO LIVED THEY HAD A HARD TIME TO NO SAD SONG FOR THEM HARDLY A MENTION. AND YOU CRY . LOOK AT THE NEWSPAPERS THEY CALL THEM LEFT WING AND THEY SO OBVIOUSLY RIGHT WING . BUT IF YOU TELL PEOPLE THAT THEY STARE AT YOU BECAUSE THEY ARE BRAINWASHED AN IN THIER MINDS IT DOES`NT COMPUTE. CRAZY HUH . BUT TRUE.

ALBERT VLUMBUNDY

susan

in response to one persons remarks, Hitler was so Jew...his mother was raped by a Jew, so in my understanding that makes Hitler half Jewish. lol As for Mel Gibson.......he could be Jewi and not even know it. and the way I see it, his Father could be. many jews who were Jews before the halocost, before 1860's left Germany with a Minister or other religious leader. Becasue many Rabbis did not consider the Hasidims warnings of the future Halocost, and there was many. There was one during the 1860"s. Many times the Jews were blame for what terrorist have caused. But whose damming and Muslim for what those Terrorist did on 9-11. But those whoa re Jews are alway blamed, and its why many Jews have converted to Protestant or Catholic beliefs. And many these days dotn even know theya re Jewish, and so I believe Gibson coudl be, because many fled to Scotland during the crusades.Many Scottish people did not even know they were Jews because many tribes are lost. Only God knows who is and who Jewish. lol

Ric Hoffman

A drunk is a drunk no matter how famous.

Irwin

Poor Mel. The product of his upbringing. What can you expect from someone raised by an anti-semite holocust denying, history revisionist father. His father should be brought to task also.

banter394

Gee Whiz.....MEL!....the next time you're out on the town...and drinking.....call me....I'll give you some money for a cab....or bus...or rickshaw.

banter394

Dear Mel

Please do your drinking and driving on YOUR own damn island. You are the KING there.

Malibu is taken, honey!

respectfully disappointed. Sugar Tits from Moncton, NB.

banter394

I've had my kick at the cat....who's next?

victor b.

I DON'T REALLY GIVE A DAMN WHAT MEL OR ANY OTHER STAR THINKS OF JEWS, MEXICANS, OR WHATEVER, I JUST WANT HIM TO PAY FOR HIS CRIME. THE S.O.B. COULD HAVE KILLED SOMEONE. I'M JUST TIRED OF THESE F***ING CELEBRITIES THINKING THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH MURDER(SOME LITERALLY)AND AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED MEL SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH MULTIPLE CHARGES,NOT JUST WITH A D.U.I. I'LL NEVER WATCH ANOTHER ONE OF HIS DAMN MOVIES AGAIN.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments